Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How I "renewed" a popular scrape spot in the woods.  Got the bucks to come back... >

How I "renewed" a popular scrape spot in the woods. Got the bucks to come back...

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How I "renewed" a popular scrape spot in the woods. Got the bucks to come back...

Old 10-24-2014, 01:10 AM
Spike

Default Mock scrapes

I have been doing that for years now. you can also move a scrape on a buck by cutting the licking branch on an existing scrape and move it to where your stand is and make a mock scrape. you can make even a big buck think he has his original scrape where you want it. shot one of my biggest bucks in Ohio making a mock scrape.
Attached Thumbnails How I "renewed" a popular scrape spot in the woods.  Got the bucks to come back...-untitled-33.jpg  
Old 10-24-2014, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks for sure! Boy, alot of visitors...

LOL, and I walked away from my pc, came back and your video shooting the 9pt checking the cam was playing. Gotta love that kinda luck, and boy what a great buck!
Old 10-24-2014, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Nice bucks for sure! Boy, alot of visitors...

LOL, and I walked away from my pc, came back and your video shooting the 9pt checking the cam was playing. Gotta love that kinda luck, and boy what a great buck!
LOL...

It was very much a lucky shot/situation. I still can't believe what all had to transpire to put me there... lol

also... that was only about 75-100yards away from where I had to make this scrape & branch from the topic's original post.

Last edited by TSR6; 10-24-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Spike

great video
Old 10-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BOONER1331
great video
Thanks!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Spike

i always have a bag of zip ties on my 4 wheeler might give it a try. Also was I the only one who couldnt tell where neck ended and body began on that last dear.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by X_Rayted35
i always have a bag of zip ties on my 4 wheeler might give it a try. Also was I the only one who couldnt tell where neck ended and body began on that last dear.
I always keep a couple zip ties in my hunting coat pockets. I not only use them to attach tags, but also for silly things like this - and you never know when a zip tie will be handy!

Yeah... he was a beast!
Old 11-04-2014, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

I got this camera in place over the weekend, and had to re-do the licking branch again. I hope to have a new video between now and deer season!
Old 11-19-2014, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

One last bump for the guys who still have some rutting bucks! Deer season is almost here for me...