Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Crop Damage Hunting in Maryland >

Crop Damage Hunting in Maryland

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Crop Damage Hunting in Maryland

Old 07-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Spike

Default Crop Damage Hunting in Maryland

I am a youth hunter from Maryland (16) and I was crop damage hunting on a 360 acre farm. I wasn't getting any action on the field I was on, so I slowly worked my way to another field were there was 15 deer feeding in the middle of the field. I belly crawled about 150 yard towards the deer and a small spike was interested in me. It started to walk towards me when I noticed that he had broke leg. He got 10 yards away from me. I shot 2 does out of the heard when they spooked but I was wondering in the state of Maryland is it legal to shoot a wounded deer during crop damage hunting. All feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-25-2014, 10:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Was the doe only?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Spike

Its doe only crop damage but a friend of mine said you could kill injured or wounded deer
Old 07-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

you could just ask them.

Email: [email protected]
Telephone: Call toll-free in Maryland at 1-877-620-8DNR (8367) (Weekdays 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)
Out of State: 410-260-8DNR (8367) (Weekdays 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)
Old 07-25-2014, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Friends have been known to give bum info call the MD wildlife agency, then you will know the truth. In PA, just because a deer has a broken leg does not mean you can shoot them if the season on that deer is not open. Deer survive quite well on three legs.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

Wish I could get a crop damage tag in maryland my parents live about 10 miles from Baltimore city in a house community that their back yard meets their neighbors back yard. they have deer eating their tomato plants. I know of a couple of Baltimore county police that shot deer hit by cars. If deer was that bad off call the dnr their will tell you what to do.

Last edited by Bbj270; 07-25-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Get it straight from the Maryland DNR... That way you don't make a costly mistake.
-Jake