Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Boots

Old 01-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Spike

Default Boots

Hey guys, I am looking to buy some new boots for next season. I was looking at the Irish Setter Snow Claw XT WP 12" 2000 gram, Lacrosse Game Country 10" 1600 gram, and the Cabelas Inferno 2000 gram. Does anyone have any experience with these? Or any better ones? I will be hunting in western PA where the temperature should be about 15-30 degrees. All input is appreciated.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

I have never worn any of these boots. The Cabelas Inferno 2000 gram boot has some good reviews. The Irish Setter Snow Claw looks like a good boot. Might look at a pair when I'm ready for new boots. I currently have a pair of Rocky boots used one season. Help up good, warm, waterproof. Will see if they make it another season.

Good luck in your quest..

Last edited by theshark; 01-23-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

I had two pair of Rocky hunting boots that I bought and they did not last at all. I won't spend my money on another pair. I thought the first time was a fluke an when th second pair fell apart I moved on. I found a pairof Itasca boots at my local Dunams before last season. They are very warm and comfortable. They were also cheaper then the Rocky's so that wasa bonus.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flyinlowe
I had two pair of Rocky hunting boots that I bought and they did not last at all. I won't spend my money on another pair. I thought the first time was a fluke an when th second pair fell apart I moved on. I found a pairof Itasca boots at my local Dunams before last season. They are very warm and comfortable. They were also cheaper then the Rocky's so that wasa bonus.
There are a lot of negative reviews on Rocky boots. I'm happy mine or holding up...so far... I'm not fond of purchasing shoes/boots online. If they don't fit it's a pain in the a$$ to send them back. Dick's being the only game in town I settled for the Rocky boots. If they fall apart I may have to travel 3 hours to cabela's...

Wolverine hunting boots have good reviews.

Last edited by theshark; 01-23-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Back in 2000 Georgia Boot introduced the Millennium 2000 Trekker. In 1999 they sent 3 sample pairs to a Mom&Pop store in my hometown, and I bought a pair of them.

It was around 2010 that the Gor-Tex lining finally failed. I still use them today, and they are sitting next to me right now. The boots have held up excellently.

The most comfortable, and the best stalking boots I own is a pair of Steiger Muk Luk's. There downfall is that they are allergic to water. When I know I'm going to be high and dry, or in frozen conditions the Muks are a go to boot.

For wet conditions I have a pair of Woody Max Muck Boots. The Woody's have been and excellant pair of boots.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to buy right now, there will be plenty of sales over the next month or so.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Spike

Thanks for the replies!! And Murdy, I will definitely wait to get a good price on a pair.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

I own 2 pair of the Irish Setter Snow Claw XT's with 2000 grams and absolutely love them. Only pair of boots I've ever worn that even on the coldest days my feet arent cold. If you wait until Feb or March you will get them much cheaper. When I got mine I believe they were normally almost $200 and I got them on a clearance sale on line at Cabelas for $109 plus tax. Good luck and I hope you pick what best suits you but I personally love the Snow Claws.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

I've have the Cabelas Inferno 2000 boots for approx. 5 years now, use them for deer hunting in CT & NY in temps from 10-35 degrees.
Warm, waterproof and a good quality boot, bulky to walk long distances but it has to be expected in a boot made for extreme cold environment hunting.
I'm very happy with the purchase.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:40 AM
Fork Horn

My brother has a pair of the Cabelas Inferno 2000 boots. He has had them for 2 years. Havn't heard any complaints from him. Me, I have a pair of Sorel pack boots, heavy but have been keeping my feet warm for about 15 seasons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.