Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Boots

Old 02-02-2014, 07:40 AM
Spike

I've had a pair of Muck boots for the past couple years and they finally wore out enough that I bought a new pair but this time I bought Bog boots to see if thy were better. The Muck boots were great and my feet were always kept warm and dry no matter what I was doing. But these Bog boots I bought for this year were great too they kept my feet surprisingly warm during -10 degree weather during an all day sit for Ohio's muzzle loader season. The Bog boots are rated for -40 degree weather. I think both Muck and Bog boots are great for deer hunting but I think Bog boots are slightly better and I got them for $98 compared to Muck boots which are $120.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the rocky boots. I have had mine for years now, and have had no problems with them. If I am going out in the - 30's and -40's then I wear the Sorrel glaciers. They are light and warm, rated to -100.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:53 AM
Spike

"BE THE BEST HUNTER WITH SOME BEST HUNTING BOOTS" Please read this and choose your best one.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The perfiect boot

I doubt there is a perfect boot for U.S. hunters. Hunters in the U.S. hunt in different temperatures. Hunters have seen not only various temperatures, they've seen change over the last four decades; a change in temperatures. And many only remember the last two decades. To many, what happened three decades ago doesn't matter.
Besides, many more are hunting from tree stands in winter, probably the worst place to find oneself, or feet, in winter.
I could note the benefit of "pressed felt" made of wool. But who would use the forty year old Sorel boots, I have.