Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Let's see pics of your hunting blinds! >

Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!

Old 08-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a nice one Jake! Do you pole vault to get up in it?, LOL! Question---How deep do you have the 4x4 corner posts in the ground and will you need to guy wire the corners down?
Old 08-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That's a nice one Jake! Do you pole vault to get up in it?, LOL! Question---How deep do you have the 4x4 corner posts in the ground and will you need to guy wire the corners down?
I have a ladder I carry back there. This is only about 400 yards from a barn we have so I leave the ladder there and just carry it back. It's a property we don't get to often so I didn't want permanent stairs or a ladder on it. Hopefully keep people out of it.... The 4x4s are set 42" deep. No wires. It's been standing for a little over a year now with no movement on the posts, so hopefully it's good. Up in the stand it's very solid. Very little movement even with several people up there working. It took me a while to gather up the windows I needed to finish the sides as I'm using freebees I've taken out of other jobs. But finally had the windows I wanted and got it finished up. I have a woodburner to put in still, I'll do that sometime, it won't take long.
-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 08-01-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

I should have taken a picture with the door open. the door is a split "barn door" type. So the top can be opened if you're up there and want to look out.
-Jake
Old 08-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Smokin Dee Licousl, I don't know if you live in a different state of PA than I do, far as I know there is just one but I don't know where you got the idea you could not hunt deer from a ground blind but that is absolutely not true! You most certainly can hunt deer in PA from a ground blind!
Old 08-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

That should be deep enough into the ground to hold her good unless you get one hell of a wind. Nobody will get in there that's for sure!
Old 08-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That should be deep enough into the ground to hold her good unless you get one hell of a wind. Nobody will get in there that's for sure!
I'll probably never, or very very rarely ever hunt out of it. I like to be on the ground moving. But, we have several youth hunters that can use it.. it's a really good spot for doe... and a few older guys that will use it if the weather gets nasty.
-Jake
Old 09-02-2016, 08:21 AM
Spike

Seeing all of these makes me want to try hunting from a blind!
Old 12-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

These are two different size tower stands we use on our club property:

Old 01-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Here is a blind I built 4 years ago. It's 6' x 8' and it's built so that I can shoot my bow out of it and my rifle.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

So far my 12 year old nephew has shot 2 bucks from it and I got one from it this past fall.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.