Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

145 rack worth?

Old 02-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep it's not worth much, sentimental value should count for a little, but probably doesn't. He also got pre paid $300 worth of firewood, a cape and my 10yr olds nice Bass. Thanks for the offer Red Green but i don't want someone else's rack on my wall, it's the deer I shot and payed for to be mounted, that i want on my wall. Yes MZS I have written proof on his guilt. He claims he had a sign that said it's the customers responsibility to have insurance lol. I told him BS. So... rack=$165, cape=$20, firewood=$300, Bass=$20?
Old 02-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

As my dear old departed Dad used to say: "What goes around comes around!" The guy will be judged one day and if he is what you say I wouldn't want to be him!
Old 07-23-2015, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am still looking for this punk, Joe Nieman, he moved to Ontario, from Wisconsin. Anyone know anything about him? I would appreciate any info? Send a PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

It would cost you more to sue him than the rack and fish is worth and then there is no assurance that you would collect. Winning a law suit is no guarente you will get paid, then you have to put a lien on something he owns. It is your time and money so it depends on how much you are willing to spend on principle and then take a chance on being out the rack, fish and the money you spent to sue.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you tried to find out where/how he sold everything? Locally? On line? etc?

I'd forget about him for now and pursue the deer.

I had a problem with a taxidermist a few years ago.

I dropped 2 deer off and to my surprise he told me to just pay when I picked them up.

A year later he called yelling at me because I had not paid him yet. I got all worked up and jumped in my truck and headed his way at that point I just wanted my deer to take somewhere else (I was afraid if I paid him I still wouldn't get my deer back). I got there and he wouldn't let me in. I ask to see our paper work and he got it but kept waiving it around and wouldn't let me actually read it. Then he told me if I tried to take the paper work he would "whip my a**" as he stood inside with the door cracked. I then started to go in after him but luckily caught myself and backed off.

He called the cops and when they arrived they told me all I could do was file a civil suit.

The problem is one of the deer was a 200+ inch typical and what happened is he had people wanting to buy it so he did not want me to get it back he wanted to sell it and I didn't want to win money in court I wanted my deer back.

I hated it but I ended up working it out as a "misunderstanding" and got my deer back without going to court. I thought it was odd when I dropped it off and he didn't want money down. I'm pretty sure his plan was to sell that deer from the start.

Last edited by rockport; 07-24-2015 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear you Oldtimer I just want to talk to him and go from there, but i can't find a number. Every lead dried up Rockport. i was doing an internet search on him last night and this old thread came up. Oh well i'm not going to stop it's a matter of principal.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gjersy
I hear you Oldtimer I just want to talk to him and go from there, but i can't find a number. Every lead dried up Rockport. i was doing an internet search on him last night and this old thread came up. Oh well i'm not going to stop it's a matter of principal.
Yeah, I believe I would go the "keep your enemies close" route.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:06 PM
Spike

Default Joe Nieman

Thats what I'm worried about, not worth much! I shot this beautiful big 10pt buck on county land, my last hunt ever with my deceased bud Bob, so I'd like this buck mounted in his honor and memory. Joe Nieman from Feathers plus Taxidermy, formerly Unity WI, the taxidermist, stole it. It's gone! He claims it got stolen from him. However, I talked to the local game warden and he said Joe Nieman sold everything he had, burned the rest, and skipped to Ontario. This happened over 2 years ago. I kept this known info from the perp while keeping in contact with him on Facebook, pretending to be his bud (I considered him a bud before this happened). Anyway, he keeps promising me everything and delivers nothing! So I'm thinking of suing; for the 1st time in my life! I'm a logger and even paid him for the mount in advance, with a partial truck load of firewood (because he complained he was out). On top of that he had my 11year old boys 5.5 pound Bass that he was going to mount. It's gone also! Anyway I gave him $300 in firewood, and got nothing but Anger! I'd pay 5 grand to get the mounts back! What to do?
This guy Joe does live in Canada. To be specific it's Longlac. He's done the same to people here. This is a true fact as I also live in Longlac! He's upset more than a fair share of our little town. Not much love for him
Old 07-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Spike

I am still looking for this punk, Joe Nieman, he moved to Ontario, from Wisconsin. Anyone know anything about him? I would appreciate any info? Send a PM.

Message me ! I don't know how to send a message..I can tell you all about him...he lives in the same town as me ! I can tell you so much it's not funny
Old 07-15-2016, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

My hunting partner also had problems with a taxidermist. Moral of his story was if the deal is to good to be true than it isn't true.

Ask for references from others who has had work done, not just 5 or 6 either.

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.