Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
greenig land and cattle outfitter >

greenig land and cattle outfitter

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

greenig land and cattle outfitter

Old 08-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Spike

Default greenig land and cattle outfitter

has anyone ever hunted with greenig land and cattle outfitter in hancock illinois? i booked a hunt with them this fall and was just woundering if anyone knew anything about them.. i booked it at the eastern sportsmans show bc the price was right. I am not expecting a whole lot but it was cheep and i had the time off.. but hey it is illinois..
Old 08-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Spike

I did the same thing. We will be there Nov 2 when are you going
Old 08-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

^ I feel like THIS is what's ruining hunting. There are more than enough anti's out there trying to split our ranks, why put someone down because they're using an outfitter to hunt land they wouldn't otherwise be able to? Have fun on your hunts statechaser and Deer King, never heard of this place but the hunt will be as fun and memorable as you make it.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Mr. Smartazz! Why not tell us all the ways to hunt on private land besides paying for it instead of cutting someone down that only has that type of possibility where he lives. If you live in Texas or want to hunt there, you'd lease land or go with an outfitter for the most part or take up knitting and a lot of other states are getting the same way when there isn't much public land around.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-21-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Spike

Mohunter09, I think your taking a lot for granted. Paying to hunt a piece of property is a way for a landowner to make a few bucks. It doesn't mean high fence or unsportsmanlike hunting. You have to have the same abilities or more to harvest a trophy on unfamiliar land. Some guys cant afford to scout , look for property and knock on doors out of state besides the gas and hotels. Be grateful for what you have and stop knocking the working guy.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mohunter09---Read your first smartazz, condescending post (you do know what that means, don't you?) and then tell me you didn't deserve to get called out! Depending on WHERE and WHAT you want to hunt it's quite different than one area like you're talking about where maybe you know everyone or something like that. Have you ever hunted outside the small area where you live? Have you ever been to another state? When you're 65 like I am and have hunted in 20+ states to know a little bit more of what you're talking about than you do as young as you evidently are, come back and we'll talk!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-22-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:47 AM
Spike

lol @ mohunter09... ppl like you actually make me lol. "A real hunter" hah. You have no clue who I am or what I am all about and what I do for the sport of hunting that “real hunters” love. I hunt all over the east coast and mid-west every year. Normally around 4 states a year. I hunt public land; knock on doors, on a club lease in pa, and last year I purchased three farms in Ohio. I do whatever I can to be out there enjoying what I love to do the most which is chasing after whitetail deer. Yes I lease yes I paid for a hunt (which was at an unbeatable price and I had the time and money so I hopped on it). If you haven’t notice people are going to lease properties no matter what and that’s not going to change. And leases pretty much fill up as soon as they hit the market. So as an avid hunter and a hard working man that works two jobs so I can hunt as much as I want and where I want, I hop on a good deal when I see one. I also designed a program this year to introduce underprivileged and handicap kids into hunting on my farms in Ohio which I busted my balls to gain sponsors donations and put together a huge fundraiser to cover equipment, license, lodging, food , trans, ect. . So please refrain yourself and do not let your ignorance get in the way of deeming other people of ruining the sport or giving it a bad rap. Its people like you that give the sport a bad rap pointing out what is right and what is wrong about the way to go about hunting. Just keep you confused mouth shut if you are just going to hate. A forum like this is for advice and for us hunters to come together as one. Not to throw out accusations that u have no clue about. If knocking on doors is working great for you then that is Awesome! Why are you on here bitching about people paying to hunt then, because intern you are just going to make it harder for yourself if everyone does what u do? I’m not trying to toot my own horn or say that I am the best,(because I defiantly am not) but nothing I do is illegal unethical or wrong. I just want to be out there, and it baffles me how someone can be so negative about wanting to do that. So mohunter09 have a safe hunting season and try to put in perspective on why we are all out there this year when you’re sitting in your stand. Because to me it’s about experiencing whitetails everywhere no matter how I make it happen. Ill see you in the big MO next year because I believe that will be my next destination to try to nab a big bone head.

Last edited by deerdust; 08-22-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Ethics
Old 08-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Mo--- Play nice or I'll send the boogeyman (or Boogey Goddess) to get ya. lol

If you don't like eating green apples, then you don't eat them. But do you then condem everyone else who does like them? No! You do what suits your tastes, likes, and desires. You are young my friend, and have much to learn. There are many avenues for hunting. Some that are disagreeable to others. For that reason, those that don't agree, hunt in their chosen way of hunting. To put someone down for their chosen form of legal hunting, in a time when ALLLLL hunters need to stick together, isn't real cool. There are plenty of ANTIS out there against all forms of hunting.

Live, Learn, Grow, and Respect the rights of your fellow hunters! Be Cool, and Happy Hunting!! )
Old 08-22-2012, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

And for the others,,, I underdstand your anger at Mo's attitude, but name calling is not the way to get your point across. It only adds fuel.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Spike

Hey Statechaser
I know we were distracted by a "REAL HUNTER" but i am hunting the same place Nov 2 -9.
Did you get contract and trail cam pictures yet Please let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.