Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

muzzleloader sighting in

Old 08-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default muzzleloader sighting in

i shot at 25 yards it was pretty much on. so i moved to 50 yards. shot it was off made some adjustments shot again. shot was fairly good. took a small break came back it was way off. i wasnt even hitting the paper. i know my scope couldnt have gotten hit.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:08 PM

Default RE: muzzleloader sighting in

sounds like you have a lot of fouling in the barrell or you scope is no good,(" loose,recticals are messed up,or something else is wrong with it" )

I would clean the gun real good,take the scope off and shoot it and see if it hit where you aim.then put the scope back on and go from there.
(if you are shooting sabots,your gun may not like them,change to power-belts or maxie balls.0

There are a lot of things that could be wrong. Good luck in finding the right combonation of bullets and powder.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:53 AM

Default RE: muzzleloader sighting in

You need a bigger piece of paper. Not knowing where the shots are is bad. If they are all too high, or too far right or left or if they are just all around the target will all tell you something.

Make sure that your previous shooting didn' t loosen up anything. Another thing that can happen with bad scope mounts to the gun is that it might be or have bent over time. Make sure that your rings are parallel and concentric by using two one inch dowels.

Good luck, time is a wastin' !