Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Which Climbing Tree Stand?

Old 01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Spike

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a place you could go and try all the different stands? I use Summit and so does all of my buddies. I need new friends that don't use the same stand as me. Any of you Lone Wolf guys want to be my friend?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Spike

I have a Goliath and would highly recommend, I'm 5'11" and 220lbs but was about 260lbs when I got it and it was fine for me. Good Luck!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Summit Viper gets my vote unless you need that extra 2". I'm 5"9" 220, add another 40lbs for my gear. I couldn't get along without mine.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used Summit, API, Lone Wolf, the old Baker's and probably a few more that I can't think of right now. IMO the Summit Viper, Goliath and Titan offer the best combination of comfort, safety, ease of climbing, and relatively easy to pack in and out of the woods. My vote goes for Summit but I will offer two other suggestions I have not seen in earlier posts.

If you can find a TreeWalker check them out......very well made and made in the USA I might add.

Since you mentioned all day sitting, you need to check out a Tree Lounge. I heard that Tree Lounge had once again closed but I'm not sure on this. For all day hunts, these stands are great. I found one at a yard sale for $100 bucks and hesitated on buying it. Stand looked as if it had only seen a couple hunts. Went back later only to find they sold it for $75.

Another to check out for long, all day hunts is the Gunslinger. These allow you to face the tree for a little added cover and are really comfortable. A friend of mine has one of these and loves it. They are a little heavy, bulky, and take a little more time to set up.

www.jrhsport.com/gunslinger.htm
Old 01-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

you can not go wrong with a summit in my opinion. I LOVE my Titan.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure if they still make them. I use a API gland slam had it since 2001 and had to replace a thing and I have also used a summit. I liked the API waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Killed a ton of deer from it.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
Thanks for all the replies everyone!

7.62, that is a very indept post you wrote, thank you. I have been using climbers for years. I have an old API Grand Slam. Looking for a lighter, quieter stand. I can relate to everything that you have posted. The main purpose of my climber is to hunt a couple of farms in Illinois. These are all day sits as bucks can come by anytime during the day. It is usually a bad idea to still hunt these properties as you can easily blow deer off the farm onto the neighbors properies. Best to sit quietly in a good location from dawn to dusk.

I am considering the Goliath because it has 2" more width than the Viper and is only $20 more.
I have both. IMO, no need for the Goliath and its' extra weight. I bought the Goliath first. Love it. Bought the Viper cause I ran into a deal. Prefer the Viper. I'm big - 6' and 225#.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:01 PM
Spike

I would recommend a summit personally, but you can check out https://catchthemeasy.com/best-climb...stand-reviews/ for some other decent models on the market.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:45 PM
Spike

summit gets my vote I have been using one for years and the sit and climb is great for us older guys and light weight
Old 07-03-2017, 08:19 AM
Spike

Lone Wolf Sit & Climb has worked well for us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.