Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
When do you see the most deer? >

When do you see the most deer?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

When do you see the most deer?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

I see the most in the evenings. I took my first archery AM deer this year, but thats the first AM deer i've seen in archery in the last three years. In the evening I typically see deer each hunt. During gun season they get moved around eniough that I see them whenever.
-Jake
Old 01-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not to be a smart alex but if you aren't seeing deer in the morning then you are hunting in the wrong place...

I don't necessarily hunt the same areas in the morning that I do in the evening...

Get back into the woods, near the bedding areas, they are back there...

During the pre rut especially, I'll see more bucks in the morning than in the evening, they are cruising, looking for does...

btw...Morning hunts to me end around 10:30 or 11, don't leave the woods at 9:30 when everyone else is...Let them run deer back in the woods to you as they are leaving...
Old 01-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

We hunt the forest and just don't see many deer in the evening at all. In fact I don't think anyone in my party has killed a deer after 3pm in 10 years and that is no exaggeration.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

I usually see the most deer when I am not deer hunting.

But all four deer I have taken were shot in the morning. Last year I saw a lot of deer in the afternoon in the early season, and I saw a lot of deer in the morning during the rut. This year I didn't see many deer at all.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

NC,

I don't disagree with you. I think the 150 acres that I bow hunt just doesn't have deer in it in the AM. Like I said, I've hunted it regularly and haven't seen very many there in the mornign. In the afternoon I'll see 5 or so almost every hunt.
I gun hunt a different area and a lot more property. Deer run all over that all day long during the season.
-Jake
Old 01-07-2012, 02:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

A lot of variables. Depends mostly on where you're setup for your morning and afternoon hunts. I've killed 90 percent of my bucks on morning hunts. None of which were sitting over an open field. Find little pinch points, draws and funnels leading to their bedding areas. Pay attention to the wind.

I'm not much of a field edge hunter. I dont' care to see the deer come out 5 minutes before shooting light expires. They have to come from somewhere prior to that. Get back in the timber a little bit and invade their staging area.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

i have seen the most deer ant night but i have killed the most deer in the morning
Old 01-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Spike

I see about the same number of deer in the either way. However, all my bucks I've shot except one was in the morning before 9 am. I haven't seen a deer since I've shot a 6 point about a month ago. I'll still go every chance I get, morning or evening.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

The last two years I have little time to hunt and am forced to hunt around home. It is rural, but there are a lot of houses scattered in around me. I see the most movement in the middle of the day when no one is home. On a Saturday I see almost none. Deer pattern people quickly. I shoot most between 11:00 and 1:00.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

for me it depends on where I am hunting, some of my spots are morning only, some are night only, it all depends on their patterns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.