Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Weekend Whitetail Report....

Old 10-22-2003, 08:49 AM

Default Weekend Whitetail Report....

Here is a delayed report from the deep south for last weekend:

Went bow hunting for the first time ever. Learned a lot too. Saw no deer Saturday morning as it was a little too warm. Sat evening they were out & about & I managed to cause a ruckus with a couple of does. Spooked them good & I do not know how. Coulda shot em with a gun, but not close enough for a bow & arrow.

Sunday morning saw 2 young bucks. One a year & a half, and the other 2 and a half years old. Too young to take, but I could have at least shot the younger one. Enjoyed watching them. Just sat there studying their movements & actions. Watched carefully what trees they were eating under. Thought about how blessed I was to not only be Southern by birth, but also to be a part of the great, Southern outdoors on a country morning. The deer strolled off & I left soon after to get to Sunday preaching.

Hope all of your hunting went well. I' d love to hear your reports also. I trust each of you also focused on DEMANDING RESPECT on your quests in the deer woods. I know each of you are capable, all it takes is making that aonscious effort to do so.

Hope all of your friends & family are well.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:18 AM

Default RE: Weekend Whitetail Report....

An 8pt and a 9 pt. sun am at 9:45 am and four does with yearlings, and a 5 pt. and 4 does sun night. 8 and 9 pt 15-16 inch spreads 115 class deer, getting ready to cool down 10-15 degrees cooler this weekend than last weekend.