Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Small rant...

Old 10-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default Small rant...

So, started hunting this new public land down by my work. Usually glass the fields on my way to work. Saw three large bucks together two weeks ago on one field edge where nobody had hunted. Went out opening of muzzle to sit near where I had seen these bucks. Well, 10 min before I got there this dude and his wife had arrived. The guy is at his truck and I ask where they are sitting, well she is sitting right where I was going to sit. So, being a little pissed off that I got there too late, I find another place and sit. 1 hour before sunset, she shoots. I'm thinking, "She better of shot a doe.". Nope, she shoots a 20 inch wide mainframe 10 with trash. 20 total points. I saw nothing. I am so fn pissed right now at myself.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear what you are saying but if it were me I would let it bother me for about another 5 minutes.

Coulda Shoulda Woulda can go on forever - if you waste your time and mind letting it..

Look at it this way. You did a good deed. Next time is your turn.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

Tough break for sure but you said there were 3 bucks,you have two left if you get there on time next trip around. Good Hunting
Old 10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's obvious that she was the more skilled deer hunter.......lol. J/k. That's how public land hunting is. First come is first served. Hope you have better luck next time.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:27 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Been hunting public land for years. Can't tell you how many times I have got there 2 hours before sunrise, walked miles fromthe truck to get away from people and still had people walk all over my hunt. Clearing their throats, coughing, talking on radios.... I sit there till dark, see nothing and walk back, darn near tripping over a gut pile or two. Get to the parking lot and if I'm not the last truck there, somebody is loading a nice 8 pointer up. it happens.
And then last year. I got there a little late, walked down to the swamp, stepped on 2 stump sitters on my way in, settled in and shot a 3 pointer in the first couple hours. The most successful hunters are the ones who keep hunting.
Keep at it.