Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

take a dump in the woods?

Old 10-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Spike

When you have to 'go' you go. Had a doe one time walk up and she snorted and walked off. She was laughing real hard thro. LOL I always leave my rifle in the stand.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Spike

a buddy of mine tells a funny story about a time he and another buddy of ours were bow hunting. the other buddy had coveralls on with a hood. You can write the rest yourself... give you part of the plot... he didn't realize it until he was up in his tree stand and got cold!

But I agree with the one Poster, MrSmith is a idiot for his post to the other getting back to simplier times poster...
Old 10-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

kind of a dumb question. Im not gonna shat myself to keep from messing up a spot ill try and hold it as long as i can but deer really dont pay it any attention. MrSmith is is a deuche for his post on the other guys page...
Old 10-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

I blew mud halfway up a tree Saturday mornin, used my favorite socks and got back up in the stand. Word to the wise, taco bell volcano burrito and wild turkey 101 shots will mess up a digestive track in a heart beat.still shot a big doe
Old 10-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

something bout poopin with no water.... but when you gotta go...
Old 10-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Spike

Just recently joined these forums, so hey everybody, haha. I was just skimming the topics and when I saw this, I laughed pretty hard, because it reminded me of a very unpleasant experience I had on my very first hunt. I was 12 years old (currently 17, so almost 5 years ago).

My uncle, who lives in Kentucky, asked me if I would be interested in going deer hunting with him behind my grandparents' house when he saw me playing a cheap Deer Hunter game on my grandparents' computer. We were visiting relatives there, and we had come from Chicago, so I asked my parents if I could. They said sure, so I got all the stuff taken care of beforehand, like permits, shooting practice, what not, and a few days later, I was ready.

Well, my stomach was messed up from traveling, hadn't been on a "schedule" in a while, and the anxiety that the hunt brought with it gave me a killer stomach ache when we got to the stand. I was freaking out cause my uncle and grandad were with me, it was actually a tiny homemade ground blind that fit all 3 of us, and I was suffering so badly I couldn't even think about the hunt. I knew there would be no going back to the house in time. And the worst part of the whole ordeal was, my uncle was joking the day before as he held up a roll of toilet paper saying "This is the most important thing you'll need in those woods." Well, he didn't have any, when I finally asked for it. It was inevitable

I was pretty ticked off at the fact I was in the woods without that simple thing I'd ALWAYS taken for granted. I ended up having to use some leaves. Looking back on it, it wasn't horrible, especially considering I shot my first buck about 10 minutes later. Ever since then, I've been waiting for the big one, and considering I only get to hunt with my uncle once or twice a year, that's a huge challenge for me every time I see a rack. The motto I've adapted to is "Let 'em go, let 'em grow" and I'm sticking with it until I find what I'm looking for!

But yeah, every time I pack for the trip I've waited for all year, toilet paper's definitely among the first to be thrown in my bag. Lesson learned. And now I've got a funny story to tell, been hooked on hunting ever since. I base my success off of the fun that I had, not what I bag. Otherwise, I wouldn't be very successful.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Spike

Wow, sorry if that bored any of you, I had no idea I had written that much...
Old 10-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

A group I hunt with in Pike Co. Il has one guy that they call "Crapper" (Its another name, but this is close enough for a family show!!) . He doesn't care where he is, how the hunting is going, or anything else. When he has to drop a duece, he drops a pair!!!!!

Years ago, one day he was in his climber and had to drop one. Rut was on, starting to get light and he did not want to leave stand and head for the a patch far away. He just tightens his harness and hangs over the side of his climber seat and goes. About half way through his foot slips and he watches in horror as the foot part of his climber slides down the tree!!!!! Now he is really stuck in more ways than one. He finshes, gets back on the climber seat and gets his pants up and uses the radio to call one of the other guys to come get him his climber foot platform.
Other guy gets there and doesn't know what happened till after he attached the rope so he could pull the platform up and gets downwind of what just happened and he steps in it!!!!!!! If the platform by now had not been above his reach, he would still be up there!!!! This has been about 10 years ago and we retell it like it happened yesterday and still laugh till we cry!!! A bunch of sick puppies we are!!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigzombee69
I blew mud halfway up a tree Saturday mornin, used my favorite socks and got back up in the stand. Word to the wise, taco bell volcano burrito and wild turkey 101 shots will mess up a digestive track in a heart beat.still shot a big doe

Holy crap, that was funny (pun intended). My uncle always wears 2 pair of socks when he's hunting for that very reason. I always carry a pack of these when I'm out in the woods:

http://www.charmin.com/en_US/wet-wipes-freshmates.php

Whatever you all do, don't crap on a well used trail and then cover up all of the "evidence" with leaves. This could make for a very nasty surprise (don't ask how I know)!
Old 10-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Spike

I keep getting these posts in my email and i check them. Though I still think MrSmith is a idiot, this is turning out to be a funny post. I just remembered reading the latest this evening. I am selfemployed and hired a few guys in the past. I had 3 guys working for me and I sent them to go do a job while i was elsewhere. That evening i talk to the senior most guy on how things went that day. He said you need to ask "Tom". I said, "oh no what happen." knowing them I figured it was a joke or a cluster mess.. He told me the story. As a joke the senior guy "dropped the kids off" outside the passenger's side door. Well the newest guy got back to the ride before the others, and of course got in on the passenger's side. They hollered at him on the radio messing with him and then all of the sudden he caught onto the smell or the prank. By the way none of these guys work for me anymore, and this could shed a little light on part of the reason why. The stupidest moral to the story is.... DON'T play this prank on a passenger getting into your own car!!! Good Lord!