Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Best time of the day to Rattle? >

Best time of the day to Rattle?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best time of the day to Rattle?

Old 07-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Spike

Default Best time of the day to Rattle?

During the Rut, What is the best times to try and rattle up some bucks....Right at day-break? mid-day..right before dark? Let me know what has worked best for you
Old 07-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

just remember, less is more...rattle and call too much and you will bust yourself...let the deer's curiosity bring em in. rattle for 30 seconds, let it go fer awhile.....it helps alot to hear em do it in the wild, then try and mimic that.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

During the rut, anytime is possible. But I've had the best response between 9 and noon. I think a bedded buck is just itchin to get up, and sometimes a fight is all they need to hear.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with Super, mid to late morning has always worked the best. But I have also rattled up bucks at all times of the day, but I would lean towards morning as the higher percentage.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

x3 on everything but also i really like hittin em together at about 45 mins-hour after day break and if i havent seen deer in about 2 hours ill do a little light secuence. like i420 said if you rattle to hard a 130 buck might not wanna come in lol
Old 07-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Spike

half baked hit the nail on the head less is more let them come to you in their own sweet time dont get impatient.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

I have had good luck rattling/grunting mid-morning and when it is foggy.

Bigbuck95
Old 07-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default I don't know that there is a

exact science to when a buck maybe interested in responding to the activity. I will say this about my experiences, I've seen, and shot, most of my shooter bucks between 10a and 3p when the pressure is on. I've also come up with a new approach to rattling out of my treestand 5 years ago, that has produced surprisingly excellent results. I cut off the bones of a smaller 8 point that I had shot, drilled a hole in the base of both antlers, tied the 2 together w/ a 10 inch piece of line, touched them up w/ a little "Wallhanger", then, tied them to my line that I lift my bow up into the stand, drop them to the ground. Then with some wrist action make them dance on the ground and in the air rattleing. The dried leaves on the ground really makes it sound like foot movement, while rattling. The location of the rattle is at ground level also....I've increased my sightings 2 fold, and the interest they've displayed is more intense.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

what i have seen on tv..i know i know.......it seems when rattlin aint workin, the deer just wanna do it...so a good hot doe call is good.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

I have never really had much luck rattling before. I sure wish I could cause there would be nothing better than calling in a nice buck on your own. Not sure what I'm doing wrong (prob many things
Happy Hunting to all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.