Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

corn feeding

Old 05-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Spike

Default corn feeding

ok last yr saw couple young but nice bucks. I started feeding them bag corn late august till jan. Just wondering if they will come back an should i feed corn all yr round. an what else do u use to see deer everynight.

its a 15 acer river bottom any input is good tips to thinks mike
Old 05-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

If you are going to bait it's best to bait year round.Do not put it in a pile.Spread it out loose over a 20-30 yard radius so when the deer come in to feed they can just brows around for it.Baiting in a pile is not natural so spreading it is the most natural way of doing it so you do not make the deer skittish when they are feeding.Plus spreading it stops mold growing that could make the fawns sick.I like to call them urban food plots!It works great when you have very little property to hunt.

Last edited by bushnlo; 05-31-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Spike

thinks for the info an hope to here more. hunting tips an tricks other use to bait an have kill nice deer over think you.