Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting laws in TN

Old 03-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Spike

Default Hunting laws in TN

Hi, everybody I'm new here. I live in Maryland right now and have all my live, but as soon as I can I'm moving out. I was thinking of moving to Tennessee with a friend of mine who's from there. I was wondering what are the hunting laws in TN and if they would allow me to use an m1a rifle in TN to hunt deer.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Im from wisconsin but i would say your best bet is to go on the Tennessee DNR website to find out the restrictions.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

+1 for the TN DNR website... kinda thinkin that as long as your over the "minimum" caliber then your fine.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Spike

I live in Tennessee but i have never heard of anyone hunting with one of them.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:34 AM
Spike

Shiznown - I live in Tennessee. You can hunt deer with any centerfire rifle caliber in the state of Tennessee. The only restrictions regarding the type of firearm are that is must not be capable of fully automatic fire and it cannot project light for the purpose of locating your target. AR's, M1A, Mini 14, AK's are all good.

The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency TWRA is the managing agency in Tennessee. As recommended above, you should read the current hunting guide which is available on their website http://www.state.tn.us/twra/

Come on down to the volunteer state. Glad to have ya.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Pursuit Hunter
Shiznown - I live in Tennessee. You can hunt deer with any centerfire rifle caliber in the state of Tennessee. The only restrictions regarding the type of firearm are that is must not be capable of fully automatic fire and it cannot project light for the purpose of locating your target. AR's, M1A, Mini 14, AK's are all good.

The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency TWRA is the managing agency in Tennessee. As recommended above, you should read the current hunting guide which is available on their website http://www.state.tn.us/twra/

Come on down to the volunteer state. Glad to have ya.
Thank you for the info. What part of TN do you reside? My friend Dan is from Elizabethton.