Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Game on.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Game on.

A million different ways to go with this one but I will say that this is indeed the buck I'm after this season.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/PICT0491.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/PICT0483.jpg

I was beginning to think my stand was just in a bad place and not that many deer were coming through, that maybe there were no big deer, that I smell bad or any number of things but he certainly lives there in the area.

I have some other issues going on there. Week before last, my dad, who I won the ranch with, had his ranch hands burn brush piles including one 20 yards from my feeder. The following week, he had them follow up with a bulldozer and while they were at it, clear some more brush. I was not pleased but I'm still seeing deer around...just not the big boy.

We'll see what the camera gets this week. Last night, I saw 3 does then a little 4 point, a doe down the road where I fed a little. But, on the way to the truck in the dark, I spooked a couple of deer...couldn't tell what they were, I had put my binos in the bag and swung my rifle up to look through the scope and just saw big white butt. I got in the truck and headed in and jumped 2 more, not too far from the stand.

The deer are there and are moving. This is good. I'm scheming of a way to slip out there from work but its frankly not likely this week. So weekend it is.

As far as my set up goes, I've got a double ground blind about 100 yds out from the feeder. As of last Friday, there's alot of clear area to the side of the feeder. I set up in a bad spot where I'm just inside the road that runs along a fence but it gives me a poor angle to look down the fenceline , back into the brush. There are trails that have cropped up too close to the blind its self and there's a hump in the road that along with some tall grass obscures my view a little of the road where I feed.

I don't think I have any options for this season. Its late, moving the blind will be an involved undertaking. I do need to curtain or obstruct the back window to conceal myself a little better. And...I guess I just need to pray.

I might get out there at mid day and see if I can have any success rattling.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Oh yeah...this is the buck my buddy is working on my ranch. I thought about stting up at this location, which I think would have been better, bucks aside, but ...oh well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/PICT0012.jpg
Old 12-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck to you
Old 12-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

is your buddy cool with that lol...nice bucks fer sure...good luck!!!!cant wait ti see the pics of him being food.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Nice buck. Maybe you will get a poke at him. We'll see! You may also see deer you didn't even know were around. That's always fun.

Don't Pray too much. That's cheating.

iSnipe
Old 12-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thats a nice buck. Good luck
Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck on your quest!