Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Hunting opening day of rifle season on 11/14!! >

Hunting opening day of rifle season on 11/14!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting opening day of rifle season on 11/14!!

Old 11-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hunting opening day of rifle season on 11/14!!

Man I am excited.

I drove 8 hours to hunt in SC in August, didn't get to hunt much because the friend with the land wasn't that enthusiastic enough to go more than one morning. I guess when your season is 5 months long, you don't get as excited as most.

Then I drove 3.5 hours and bow hunted once and saw a bunch of does.

Now I just figured out that I'll most likely be hunting on opening day of rifle season. I've got it lined up with a good piece of land that I'm familiar with. This will only be my third opportunity to hunt this year, and as long as nothing unexpected with work comes up, I'll be there.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Spike

I hear ya, the excitement is killing me. My opener for Rifle/Shotgun season is Sunday and I am planning on hunting the whole week. The anticipation is killing any productivity here at work and home. This is the first season in a few that I will get to spend more than a couple days and I am due for a nice buck.

Scot
Old 11-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys! Our gun season here in Illinois opens Nov 20.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Arkansas gun season opens sat the 14th as well. Looking forward to it. I taking off the first nine days of the season and the last week to. Hopeing for a good hunt.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Ava
Fork Horn

I can't even tell you how excited I am for rifle season which starts on Nov. 30th for me!

19 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gave up bowhuntin,seen a big ol doe,bout 70 yards away.i said screw it,im waitin till rifle season,i could have slammed 'at doe if i had my 243!!!!!!!I been seein in alot in my food plots now,my season starts 11-21-09,I CANT WAIT!!!i will let yall know if i git 1 or 2.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Spike

Here in Va rifle season comes in on the 14th for 2 weeks.. BUT I got my weeks messed up and agreed to a attend a training class the tue thru thurs of the first week - I am an idiot.. But i am taking the entire 2nd week off

brian