Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: yes or no
yes
21.88%
no
78.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

long lost - recovered deer

Old 10-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default long lost - recovered deer

If you shot a deer and never recovered it, but then find what you think is the deer a year later or even months, does it count.
Not in my book it doesnt

edit
would you count it as a kill, and display it as such. would you hang it on the wall,
thats what I mean does it count

Last edited by zrexpilot; 10-19-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does it count for what?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

For giving up your tag for it... or thinking if you harvested another deer afterwards, that it then nullifies any subsequent opportunities to shoot deer... if it were the only or last tag.

No.

iSnipe
Old 10-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have always agreed with the Record Books on this subject. Once you begin a HUNT for any additional animal(s) and have given up the search for your lost animal, than it no longer "counts". Be thankful that you eventually recovered your trophy and have a keepsake and a memory but it's certainly not YOUR trophy.... it was lost!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:15 PM
bigcountry

Eatin it would be tough

Old 10-20-2009, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is nice to learn what happened to your deer, and put to rest all of the wondering where it ended up. So that piece of mind is worth something. Also, you may learn something that will help recover another deer in the future.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 AM
Fork Horn

I think yes, but not for the record books or anything. Just the closure and knowing the end of the story and what ended up happening with the deer. I would rather find the deer than have somebody else find it.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hate it when someone posts "I found it" and it's been monthes and every one congratualtes them.

1. You don't know if your shot killed the animal or if it was weakened and coyotes or another predator killed it.

2. It's not a trophy in my book, its a wasted animal that deserved better. I would never mount it.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree charlie.

I wouldn't mount it either. I would put it's skull and horns somewhere out of the way, like in the barn, where I could look at it from time to time and remember. But I would not purposefully put it on disply for others to see.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
It is nice to learn what happened to your deer, and put to rest all of the wondering where it ended up. So that piece of mind is worth something. Also, you may learn something that will help recover another deer in the future.
Not me, I didnt find anything. I was just wondering what others thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.