logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #1

Default Calico Buck

Check this out. I came across this on another forum andhave never seen anything like it. It is an incredible looking deer.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/hunting/calicobuck.asp
Tygus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Calico Buck

Did you not read it? Apparently you just looked at the pics huh? It's not called a "Calico" but is called a piebald deer. Uncommon but more common than a white, albino or melanistic (black) deer.

I hunted a piebald doe exclusively one season, had her at 50 yards 5 times (bow only) and never saw her again.

I've seen several.

Good Luck and Good Shooting

Rob
Rob/PA Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #3

Whatever it's called, it's COOL! I'd be taking donations to have a full body mount of that bad boy!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
Nontypical Buck

In Northern VA where I worked for several years there was a bunch of Piebald deer. 30+ in one big group. I took a pic on the gold course next to our building but it was a cheap digital (its been years ago) and the pic was hard to see.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. They were very overpopulated there. I also go to see a nice buck(smaller than the one in the article you posted) but nice. I was distracted enough I almost didn't see the BIG buck standing behind him. Unfortunatly never saw them while hunting... They are cool to see though.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Nontypical Buck

Send a message via Yahoo to wis_rifle_hunter

i would love to shoot a deer like that but then i would have to come up with the money to mount it. congrats to the hunter wherever it was shot.

Turkey Hunting Contest-Team 13- 12 Gauge Turkey Chokers
wis_rifle_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote