Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what kind of bow do you recomend >

what kind of bow do you recomend

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what kind of bow do you recomend

Old 12-18-2008, 09:07 PM

Default what kind of bow do you recomend

i am considering buying a new bow. i have a parker buck shot. it is a youth bow and i have wayy past out grown it so what kind of bow do you guys suggest for around $300
Old 12-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: what kind of bow do you recomend

You'd probably get more replies in the bowhunting forum, lots more people view that forum and there's some great guys in there that know their stuff. As for your question check out PSE or Fred Bear, both are good bows for the money.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be getting a Bear "Truth II" around spring time.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out a Mission X-3. They are in that price range.

You can probably find an '08 (of any brand) out there for a good deal.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

i just bought a new bow and i think that my research may help ya. if you are looking in the $300 dollar range, you can't beat the bear truth II. i didn't get one but my cousin did. i had a chance to shoot it. it is very smooth and forgiving. it zings arrows pretty fast too. mission bows are very good as well. also, check out the g5/ross line. they are making a stir here in michigan.

i decided to buy a darton as300. i am kinda partial because i fell in love with the darton line eight years ago. they are a little out of ur price range, but it's a great great great bow for the money.

if you live near a gander mountain, bass pro shop,or a cabelas they have "house bows". they are bows made for the company by known archery manufactorers....i think it's parker makes bows for gander mountain, and martin for bass pro...or something along those lines. good bows for the price.

one thing i can't stress enough, any bow that you find shoot first!!!! anyone can tell you what to get, but everyone is partial to one type of bow or another. you have to find one that fits you best. me personally i like the darton's but you may not like them. go to a reputabe archery dealer and shoot every bow (and if its a reputable place they'll let ya) that they have on the rack. if you find one that you love buy it. if it's out of ur price range a little, save up for a month or two and go back and buy that bow. this is your main equipment that you are going to use to bag that deer. don't let price make you settle for something that will work when you can get something that you love and fits you like a glove.

hope this helps...and i hope it makes sense. i just got off a 12 hour shift and i am a little tired. good luck. let us know what you decide.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Go to your shop and shoot as many in your price range that you can. Get what you like the most.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Spike

Price range makes all the difference!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:27 AM

The Browning Micro Adreanline are the best youth bows out there I think the are fast-quiet-etc....
Old 12-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

I have always shot high country and they never let me down I am thinking about going with the new bear this year though.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in the EXACT same situation. Cabela's has the Martin Bengal on sale for $330, and free shipping. Either go with that, or Diamond The Rock($400), also a good bow.

Quick Reply: what kind of bow do you recomend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.