Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

taxidermy poses

Old 12-16-2008, 07:59 PM

Default taxidermy poses

im haveing a deer shoulder mounted what is the best pose if you have pics please post them

Old 12-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: taxidermy poses

I'm a taxi and the first thing I would base it off would be the rack so lets see it. Then I would ask you as the costumer what are you looking for.... Something alert, scent checking, relaxed, sneaking, would you like alot of shoulder or the standard...... Can help you a lil more once you have an idea of what you want in your house. WCL
Old 12-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

I'm a taxi and the first thing I would base it off would be the rack so lets see it. Then I would ask you as the costumer what are you looking for.... Something alert, scent checking, relaxed, sneaking, would you like alot of shoulder or the standard...... Can help you a lil more once you have an idea of what you want in your house. WCL
Exactly. All depends on the rack. Let's see your deer
Old 12-16-2008, 08:39 PM

I was wondering the same thing actually. Here is a picture of my first buck and first deer actually. I am open to any suggestions for mounts. Thanks. (The posting name is different because I had to change it for some reason).

http://hunting.net/forum/tm.aspx?m=3225910&mpage=1&key=&#322591 0
Old 12-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

EE08- With younger bucks a standard shoulder are best because then the body doesnt over power the rack. Another thing that looks good with younger bucks is a relaxed pose typically a semi sneak. Don't know what you may be considering turn wise (based on where to you want it hung in the house) but I would maybe go with a right turn on yours because then you'll be able to see that left side (it will be the side that sticks out) which has a lil bt of character (those two stickers/palmation).Here is the first buck I shot with the bow that I mounted (opposite turn I'm talking about with yours).

This is a Mckenzie form 6500 semi-sneak left turn

Old 12-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Spike

wingchaser- Thanks for the advice on the pose. Does the sneak indicate just the ear position of the deer? orhow far forward the head and neck come?The taxidermist suggested maybe a slight left turn thinking the palmation would show moreversus a right turn, but it's hard for me to tell. (They got my old username to work now)
Old 12-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

No the forms are the deers neck/head position. It goes upright, sem-upright, semi sneak, sneak, semi-sneak head up (scent check), sneak head up, semi sneak head down (agressive).... and some of the different positions come in off-set shoulders. Ears forward or back is the alertness of what you want. I personally like ears back cuz it looks more realistic and relaxed to me but some ears forward look good too i guess. Another way to do it is one ear back and one forward. Yeah I guess it depends on where it will be on the wall for ya as far as the turn and seeing your stickers/palmation. Left turn just might be better. Hold it up against the wall turning it both ways and then decide what you like. Also if you wanna check out all the different forms that mckenzie offers you can go on there website and look at their catelog online showing all the diff forms. Here is the buck I have in my avatar that I mounted aswell. Its a meder form (from mckenzie catelog) semi sneak head up. WCL

Old 12-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

I actually am having the same trouble. I am open to suggestions. Here is my deer. A lot of character with his split brows an has some broken points. Let me know what you guys think I should do with this one.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

and another

Old 12-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

another

Quick Reply: taxidermy poses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.