Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Question about scent products? >

Question about scent products?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question about scent products?

Old 04-06-2003, 08:23 PM

Default Question about scent products?

I am new too bow hunting and this will be only my second year. I know scent contol is a big part of hunting and right now I cant afford a scent lok suit because I just spent a ton of money on a bow, arrows and stands. What can a person do besides a scent lock suit too help him stay as scent free as possible. Do soaps and detergent and etc work well?
Old 04-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question about scent products?

Use comercial hunters soap and deodorant. wash All your Hunting Clothes with scent killer soap. Underwear and socks too. Keep them in a plastic bag or container. Avoid red meat and garlic the night before. Keep the persperation down to a minimum. Watch the wind direction when setting up. Maybe use a cover scent if you' d like, Such as earth scent or fox pee. Hope this helps.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:31 PM

Wash your clothes in scentless washing powder and then hang them on the porch or outside so the clothes take on the natural smell of the out side......Wash with a scentless soap (I like Hunter' s Specialty Brand in the liquid type )and use Hunter' s Spelciaty scentless deoderant.......At the beggining of each hunt, spray a good scent eliminator on your gear and clothes...Buy the scent eliminator by the gallon and use a 32 oz. spray bottle to do the applications. (You can probably get through a whole season with less than 2 gallons of scent eliminator.) Walk slow to your stand trying not to work up a sweat......This works for me with out the use of a scent lok suit..
Old 04-14-2003, 07:29 PM

I wear fresh washed cloths on every hunt,wear rubber boots and most of all,I use HS Sent-A-Way spray,and Sent-A-Way powder in thr boots.
I buy it by the gals. and keep a spray bottle in my pack.
if you spray and powder every time you go,you should be ok.
you need to spray everything you carry with you.your hat and gloves are the most important.