Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Plans for a tower stand

Old 12-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default Plans for a tower stand

Anyone have a good set of plans for a Tower Stand? I am gonig to build a 4X6 box blind about 12 feetin the air. Metal base and playwood box on top... Any info would be appreciated.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:10 PM

Default RE: Plans for a tower stand

Look into getting you a set of Elevators. Those things are awesome.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

I would also recommend the elevators. Last summer, my brother and built one of these. I dont have any plans, just some pics. We kind of just went by the seat of our pants.

I have two pics, however cannot figure out how upload those, says file is too big.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Here it is halfway almost done.

Here it is when first started it.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Spike

all i have is a pic

Old 12-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

How big is your stand?
Does being enclosed make it seem smaller than it is?

ORIGINAL: RabidSniperNY

I would also recommend the elevators. Last summer, my brother and built one of these. I dont have any plans, just some pics. We kind of just went by the seat of our pants.

I have two pics, however cannot figure out how upload those, says file is too big.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

Nice, but the roof wouldn't hold up under the wind that we get through out the off season.
ORIGINAL: RemingtonGuy1991

all i have is a pic
Old 12-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jrfrmn

How big is your stand?
Does being enclosed make it seem smaller than it is?

ORIGINAL: RabidSniperNY

jrfrmn,

Hey the stand is about 16 feet up in the air and is about six by six. It is fairly roomy in there. We can fit three good size guys but mostly it is my brother and I. We do have a propane heater in there for those cold, cold days. The stand did come in nice opening day of shotgun. Here in central NY it rained all day. I sat in a regular tree stand until 9am and then changed clothes and went up there and sat all day out of the rain.

There is also plexiglass windows on all four sides and insulation in the walls.

Being enclosed doesnt make it small, plenty of room for two to move around or be comfortable and the deer dont mind it. Have them walking right by it. We did get it up long before the season. The only negative thing about it is that its not the best stand to bow hunt from, however I prefer my other tree stands for that.

Also, i have been up there in some really nasty wind and snow storms this year and it has been great. We had a really big wind storm during the early fall and it is still standing. Knock on wood. We also have it anchored into concrete at the bottom.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:02 AM

Want to talk about being a small world. The picture posted by Remmingtonguy1191 is a picture a my stand. I don't think I have ever met that guy before. (For the record, the stand is visible from the property line, so I do not want to imply that RemingtonGuy was trespassing in anyway.)

When I first saw the picture I knew it looked to familiar for some reason, but there is no doubt about it. The green sign in the lower right-hand corner is to warnpeoplenot to walk in front of the scouting camera.

Ihope this wasn't my 15 minutes of fame.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ebc187

Want to talk about being a small world. The picture posted by Remmingtonguy1191 is a picture a my stand. I don't think I have ever met that guy before. (For the record, the stand is visible from the property line, so I do not want to imply that RemingtonGuy was trespassing in anyway.)

When I first saw the picture I knew it looked to familiar for some reason, but there is no doubt about it. The green sign in the lower right-hand corner is to warnpeoplenot to walk in front of the scouting camera.

Ihope this wasn't my 15 minutes of fame.
WOW, interesting.

Quick Reply: Plans for a tower stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.