HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Plans for a tower stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/277970-plans-tower-stand.html)

cynikalHC 12-11-2008 11:55 AM

Plans for a tower stand

Anyone have a good set of plans for a Tower Stand? I am gonig to build a 4X6 box blind about 12 feetin the air. Metal base and playwood box on top... Any info would be appreciated.

Mossy_71 12-11-2008 04:10 PM

RE: Plans for a tower stand

Look into getting you a set of Elevators. Those things are awesome.

RabidSniperNY 12-11-2008 05:39 PM

I would also recommend the elevators. Last summer, my brother and built one of these. I dont have any plans, just some pics. We kind of just went by the seat of our pants.

I have two pics, however cannot figure out how upload those, says file is too big.

RabidSniperNY 12-11-2008 06:09 PM

Here it is halfway almost done.

Here it is when first started it.

RemingtonGuy1991 12-11-2008 06:39 PM

all i have is a pic

jrfrmn 12-12-2008 07:08 AM

How big is your stand?
Does being enclosed make it seem smaller than it is?

ORIGINAL: RabidSniperNY

I would also recommend the elevators. Last summer, my brother and built one of these. I dont have any plans, just some pics. We kind of just went by the seat of our pants.

I have two pics, however cannot figure out how upload those, says file is too big.

jrfrmn 12-12-2008 07:12 AM

Nice, but the roof wouldn't hold up under the wind that we get through out the off season.

ORIGINAL: RemingtonGuy1991

all i have is a pic

RabidSniperNY 12-12-2008 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: jrfrmn

How big is your stand?
Does being enclosed make it seem smaller than it is?

ORIGINAL: RabidSniperNY

jrfrmn,

Hey the stand is about 16 feet up in the air and is about six by six. It is fairly roomy in there. We can fit three good size guys but mostly it is my brother and I. We do have a propane heater in there for those cold, cold days. The stand did come in nice opening day of shotgun. Here in central NY it rained all day. I sat in a regular tree stand until 9am and then changed clothes and went up there and sat all day out of the rain.

There is also plexiglass windows on all four sides and insulation in the walls.

Being enclosed doesnt make it small, plenty of room for two to move around or be comfortable and the deer dont mind it. Have them walking right by it. We did get it up long before the season. The only negative thing about it is that its not the best stand to bow hunt from, however I prefer my other tree stands for that.

Also, i have been up there in some really nasty wind and snow storms this year and it has been great. We had a really big wind storm during the early fall and it is still standing. Knock on wood. We also have it anchored into concrete at the bottom.

ebc187 12-12-2008 09:02 AM

Want to talk about being a small world. The picture posted by Remmingtonguy1191 is a picture a my stand. I don't think I have ever met that guy before. (For the record, the stand is visible from the property line, so I do not want to imply that RemingtonGuy was trespassing in anyway.)

When I first saw the picture I knew it looked to familiar for some reason, but there is no doubt about it. The green sign in the lower right-hand corner is to warnpeoplenot to walk in front of the scouting camera.

Ihope this wasn't my 15 minutes of fame.

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-12-2008 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: ebc187

Want to talk about being a small world. The picture posted by Remmingtonguy1191 is a picture a my stand. I don't think I have ever met that guy before. (For the record, the stand is visible from the property line, so I do not want to imply that RemingtonGuy was trespassing in anyway.)

When I first saw the picture I knew it looked to familiar for some reason, but there is no doubt about it. The green sign in the lower right-hand corner is to warnpeoplenot to walk in front of the scouting camera.

Ihope this wasn't my 15 minutes of fame.

WOW, interesting.