Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Plans for a tower stand

Old 12-12-2008, 02:35 PM

Default RE: Plans for a tower stand

Mystery solved, I knowRemingtonGuy1991. He is one of my friends and we have hunted the same property for years. I didn't know he was a member. That's pretty funny.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

I suggest 20' or higher, because your scent will be in the second air current at 20' plus. At 12' your scent goes to the ground.

ORIGINAL: cynikalHC

Anyone have a good set of plans for a Tower Stand? I am gonig to build a 4X6 box blind about 12 feetin the air. Metal base and playwood box on top... Any info would be appreciated.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jrfrmn

I suggest 20' or higher, because your scent will be in the second air current at 20' plus. At 12' your scent goes to the ground.

ORIGINAL: cynikalHC

Anyone have a good set of plans for a Tower Stand? I am gonig to build a 4X6 box blind about 12 feetin the air. Metal base and playwood box on top... Any info would be appreciated.
Ours is 16 feet high I believe and I think that was a good height. We had numerous occasions where deer would walk right by with us in it. I also suggest getting it built way before next season starts.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Typical Buck

Herea mine ,
Its 8x8 ft, and 12 ft. high ,
I also have a gas heater for those cold days .

Old 01-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TRACKER

Herea mine ,
Its 8x8 ft, and 12 ft. high ,
I also have a gas heater for those cold days .

We also have a gas heater however I wonder if the deer can smell it sometimes. I only use it in extreme cold weather or if I am sitting all day.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Rabid,

Hello from Central NY! What would you say your total cost was for the blind. I am thinking of doing one like that this spring so I can hunt with the kids easier.

First need to clear some land for a food plot.....
Old 01-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go to the national wild turkey web site and go to get in the game. There is a set of plans in there for a nice box blind. I printed them off the other day to build on one of my food plot
Old 01-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gregrn43

Go to the national wild turkey web site and go to get in the game. There is a set of plans in there for a nice box blind. I printed them off the other day to build on one of my food plot
I went there and didn't see any plans. How about posting the link? Thanks
Old 01-11-2009, 07:31 AM

Saw this one on outdoor channel last week:

http://www.nwtf.org/tv_magazines/images/GITG_box_blind.pdf

I use elevators and find that a 5' x 5' platform works best for me.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Fletch NY

Rabid,

Hello from Central NY! What would you say your total cost was for the blind. I am thinking of doing one like that this spring so I can hunt with the kids easier.

First need to clear some land for a food plot.....
Hey nice to meet another fellow NY'er. Where abouts in NY? I am in Auburn, NY. I would say the total cost for the stand was about a thousand dollars, however could probably be cheaper. I think the stand would be a good setup for kids. Good luck with it this spring. I want to do some food plots this spring also.

Quick Reply: Plans for a tower stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.