Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Propane heater while deer hunting >

Propane heater while deer hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Propane heater while deer hunting

Old 11-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Spike

Default Propane heater while deer hunting

My wife is gonna give deer hunting a try this year and I wanna do all I can to make her first experience an enjoyable one. Im fairly confident she will see deer on the spot I hunt. I bought her a Remington Model 7 .243 cal. and topped it with a Nikon BuckMaster scope.(This gun is so dam accurate!!!) I have takin her to the range many times so I know her abilities. Ill be ina ground blind with her at least to start out opening morning here in Wisconsin.

Im thinking about bringing a propane heater out just to take the chill off her but Im concern about any smell. Is anyone using propane heaters and seeing deer?

thanks
Old 11-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Propane heater while deer hunting

I hunt in Texas, so heaters are not really needed much. Several years ago, I hunted in Wisconsin and got set up in a stand that had one built in (line running down to about a 30 gallon tank sitting on the ground and all) It didn't disturb the deer as far as I could tell. My only question with that experience is are the deer used to the smell there if it is used often and that's why they didn't mind.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

My husband and I use them in shooting houses that he built see and killl deer when we use the propane heaters
Old 11-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

They don't seem to bother deer! I'm more concerned with the noise. Which, if you keep it turned down low, does'nt seem to bother the deer either.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:14 PM

IT'S REALY A PERSONAL THING, I JUST USE THE HEATMAX PRODUCT LIKE THE BODY WARMERS. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF U....
Old 11-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

I've tried them, but I'm a hot natured person who hates heat, so I eventually get too hot and just shut it off. I've stopped using them since but I never saw a difference in the amount of deer I saw.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got one of these (1500 btu) to use during the Illinois Muzzleloader Season which is two weeks after Thanksgiving. I bought the model that doesn't have the electronic ignition for $29. I started it up in the garage the other night and never heard a thing while it was running. It did burn off a little smoke but with a heaters like that it is to be expected. After 1/2 hour the smoke cleared and it worked great. Good buy in my opinion.

http://www.greatoutdoorsdepot.com/coleman-sportcat-heater.html
Old 11-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Spike

I have a sportcat and have used it in my blind during a spring turkey hunt just to take the chill off and it was pretty much worthless.

Heres what I use and it kicks ass!

http://www.vegacomputing.com/paulin/propane/heaters_3500.asp
Old 11-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive never noticed it bother deer.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

It does not bother deer. All the odor of LP is burned away. It only is emitting co2 which is a colorless, odorless gas.

Go for it!

Quick Reply: Propane heater while deer hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.