Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wal-Mart Guns???

Old 11-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wal-Mart Guns???

i was talking to my father in law about this and he told me there is a difference in the guns he sells and the one wal mart sells. he told me a company will make a bid to walmart and they will make a counter offer. he said most of the gun compaies have a seperate assembly line just for these reasons. they will cut corners tring to save money anyway they can because they don't want to loose the sale. he said the same goes for ammo too, if you buy the 550 pack of .22lr from walmart have you noticed 1/3 of the box won't fire? i've got ammo from gun shops and never had the problem. most of the time iwould geta box of core-lockts from walmart but a month ago i gota box of federal power-shok from the shop and needless to say i have switched to the federal!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:27 AM

there junk
Old 11-17-2008, 05:15 PM

no offence jayman but i have been working for wal-mart for over 13 years and have been a dept. mgr. for nine of them . i run the most productive sporting goods dept in the north east .( wal-mart fact , not my opinion) i refuse to hire any one who dosent hunt or has knowledge of firearms and ammo. i my self have been hunting since i was 14 and have many harvests under my belt and also have many of my mounts in my dept . everyone please dont think that all assoc. are all the same i take pride in my dept. and will only have people work for me who do the same . thaks erick upstate ny
Old 11-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lucky_shot

i was talking to my father in law about this and he told me there is a difference in the guns he sells and the one wal mart sells. he told me a company will make a bid to walmart and they will make a counter offer. he said most of the gun compaies have a seperate assembly line just for these reasons. they will cut corners tring to save money anyway they can because they don't want to loose the sale. he said the same goes for ammo too, if you buy the 550 pack of .22lr from walmart have you noticed 1/3 of the box won't fire? i've got ammo from gun shops and never had the problem. most of the time iwould geta box of core-lockts from walmart but a month ago i gota box of federal power-shok from the shop and needless to say i have switched to the federal!
So you saying these gun companies try to rip us off because we buy from walmart. By rip us off I mean selling inferiour products to walmart so they can save a penny. Sorry I don't buy it. Thats very poor business if anyone does that. Which I highly doubt. Walmart is about numbers and the gun makers may not make a ton off every gun walmart sells but they put the numbers out the door. Trust me if walmart sell 1,000,000 guns as ooposed to 100,000 by gun stores they make way more from walmart sales. they are not selling them junk unless they want put out of business.

BTW I have never bought any 22 lr from walmart that won't fire.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

except for my rugerM777mmMag all my guns are from wal-mart. it's all i can afford. the quality is fine. the only reason i have the M77 is because my dad bought it for my grandfather and when he died i got it. but wal-mart guns get the job done too.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:07 PM

I really hate these forums due to the fact that when i post something i put time in effort into - 3/4 of the time i get an error.

Bass Pro - Outdoor world located in great lakes, i go there because when i want something done to my bow - they do it for free - new cams? by them there and you get them put on free - You can walk in with you shotgun/pistol/bow ( locked o course with either a store triggerlock or a ZIP TIE ) After they fix up your bow they offer you to shoot in their awesome 30 yard range indoors and multiple targets and a backdrop that wont hurt your heads.

Cabelas in adrain - AWESOME STORE, 300,000SQ FEET of outdoor crap. Its worth the 45 min drive to me.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Unless they have changed, they have a firearms catalog you can look at and order just about any hunting firearm out there.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

ORIGINAL: lucky_shot

So you saying these gun companies try to rip us off because we buy from walmart. By rip us off I mean selling inferiour products to walmart so they can save a penny. Sorry I don't buy it. Thats very poor business if anyone does that. Which I highly doubt. Walmart is about numbers and the gun makers may not make a ton off every gun walmart sells but they put the numbers out the door. Trust me if walmart sell 1,000,000 guns as ooposed to 100,000 by gun stores they make way more from walmart sales. they are not selling them junk unless they want put out of business.

BTW I have never bought any 22 lr from walmart that won't fire.
my father in law is a shop owner and that is what he has told me. i couldn't believe it either, but just like you said...both companiesare all about numbers and iftheycan save money and still make a sale they will do it!