Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wal-Mart Guns???

Old 11-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wal-Mart Guns???

couldn't agree more. I was out yesterday buying a box of 7mm-08 rounds for this upcoming gun season. I stopped by a dealer who was charging $37 for a box of Winchester 140gr. The same box at walmart was $22. Tell me what the difference is? There really isn't a difference other than the dealer over pricing. If it was a few dollars more, no biggie but the diff is nearly 60%.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can see both ends of the arguement. These days, with people losing their jobs left and right...I don't see why someone would pay a higher price for exactly the same item. Cut corners and save money where you can. Just my opinion....
Old 11-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Dominant Buck

I pay for what I want, the place selling it is irrelevant.If Wal-Mart has it for a better price I go there, but they obviously don't sell every kind of gun I want. If the 111 Gunshop just off the interstate has the pistol I want for a fair price they get my business, especially since Wal-Mart can't or won't sell handguns. I refuse to pay more just because of who happens to be selling it, that's just plain dumb.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Im with most on I like to support local gun shops, if you do that they go way out of their way to help you with whatever you need.
-Jake
Old 11-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

im all for helping the local shops. however, the statement that local gun shops have the best advice is ridiculous. look at that guy who just said he was told the .270 is the worst whitetail gun because it doesn't knock down deer and u lose them.

walmart would not sell you a gun from Remington that is half quality or anything. its all the same if they sell it. they may not know what the hell they are selling, but atleast its a bit cheaper.

if only walmart sold cars/women.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

i'd say help the little guy

my father in law ownes and operates the local shop here in town called arms reach located in mountain home, arkansas. if ya'll are ever in my neck of the woods look him up!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm fortunate enough to live near a couple Bass Pro Shops.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RenaissanceBiker

ORIGINAL: tmontgo1

The guns are the same quality but come on spend a couple more bucks and support a gun shop owner. Plus they know more about the guns. I have heard that the ammunition at walmart is hot loads and its lower quality!!!
Why would Remington go to the trouble of making different (and inferior!)150 grain core-locts just to sell at Wal-Mart? I have bought a couple of guns at Wal-Mart. I don't need the salesman's advice there. I do my homework before I decide to buy. I bought my .270 from a gun dealer. I got him to match the Wal-Mart price on the riflethen I bought a scope from him and paid him to mount it. There's nothing wrong with being a smart consumer.
Hit the nail on the head!!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

This kind of question comes up a few times every year.
Find a buddy that has the model that you want, buy another one from Wal-Mart (or the gun shop if he purchased his at Wal-Mart) and take them apart to see if there are differences.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:18 PM

If he's the one on Hwy 5 south of town, I bought a .17hmr from him a few years back.
ORIGINAL: lucky_shot

i'd say help the little guy

my father in law ownes and operates the local shop here in town called arms reach located in mountain home, arkansas. if ya'll are ever in my neck of the woods look him up!

Quick Reply: Wal-Mart Guns???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.