HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Missouri Rut Activity (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/270430-missouri-rut-activity.html)

Big Game James 10-28-2008 10:56 AM

Missouri Rut Activity

Any indication if the Rut will be in full swing for the first week of rifle (Nov 15)?

kingofspring 10-28-2008 11:03 AM

RE: Missouri Rut Activity

I'm in Southern MO, and bucks are already trolling. I suspect rut activity will be declining by the 15th, but still good. Me, I'm bowhunting every available minute until then based on the activity I've been seeing.

lucky_shot 10-28-2008 11:07 AM

modern gun opens the 8th and the way the bucks are acting in north central arkansas i'm guessing it will be great hunting the first and second week... we had our first frost on the ground this morning

MO-KS_hunter 10-28-2008 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Big Game James

Any indication if the Rut will be in full swing for the first week of rifle (Nov 15)?
For the last seven years that I've hunted the MO rifle opener, the rut has been in full swing. Don't think it will change much this year. I'll be scouting this weekend and I'll let you know what I find (I might even remember to bring my camera to photo some rubs and scrapes).

millagerobert 10-28-2008 01:22 PM

In Idaho some scrapes are starting to be made, and rubs are in full swing in my favorite spots, but the real fun usually kicks off around the 15th of Nov.

Rory/MO 10-28-2008 04:08 PM

I saw a little year and half chasing a doe in Stoddard county this past weekend, and then he grunted back to my grunts a couple times. Should get crazy opening weekend...

BigBuck28 11-01-2008 06:38 PM

I just came back from lewis county MO and the big boys are chasing there.....I shot a nice 7 with his nose up a does but...

hillbillyjunkie 11-02-2008 12:09 PM

Went to Reynolds county last weekend. Scouted four small areas and found 27 rubs and eight good size scrapes. So I would say we are looking good!

louddrummer69 11-02-2008 04:36 PM

Saw a small ten chasing momma and her does other than that I've seen nothing else. I think it was a little too warm for them here in NW Mo. I'll be out this Friday through Weds for sure.

ericmcgehee 11-02-2008 04:54 PM

I finally found a couple rubs today. One is on a cedar which is about 14" wide. I saw a small forked horn yesterday, and had him at full draw at 15 yards, but he never gave me a shot. He was small, but I hunt public land, so you shoot what you see.