Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what are some home made sents to atract deer. >

what are some home made sents to atract deer.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what are some home made sents to atract deer.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Spike

Default what are some home made sents to atract deer.

what are some homemade sents or foods to atract deer?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what are some home made sents to atract deer.

Tampons! Used. Pre-during-post- Menstral cycle. Pheremones, pheremones!![ sic]. It helps to have a willing woman to help you out though.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:46 PM

I have heard people swear by urinating in mock scrapes as well as urinating in existing scarpes.

I will give this some experiments this year. If it works, goodbye to the store bought scents.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you harvest a doe-(better yet a doe in estrus)- remove her tarsal glands and put them in a sealable jug or plastic container. Add water to the tarsal glands and shake repeatedly. Let sit for a day and shake again for awhile. You'll have a great home made scent.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: crokit

Tampons! Used. Pre-during-post- Menstral cycle. Pheremones, pheremones!![ sic]. It helps to have a willing woman to help you out though.
wtf. If i see a used tampon hanging from a tree limb i know who it was. haha sick.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KansasBBD

wtf. If i see a used tampon hanging from a tree limb i know who it was. haha sick.
Ive heard of it before, but your right, it is sick.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

I like to use molasas and peanut butter, I will smear the peanut butter all up and down on the tree and find a stump and pour the molasas on it and it has been Chowed with in a few days and the tree licked clean !!
also I have taken a few boxes of brown sugar open teh bag so it gets Hard and scrap up a hole big enough to place a block of sugar in it and then pour Real vanilla on it and again it has never lasted more than 4 5 days at best. we put camera's on these spots to see if it was deer and it was, not to mention its way cheaper than any of that store bought stuff you can buy, besides most of that stuff smells like sugar and vanilla & molassas anyway so thast how I got the idea and tried it. worked great for me.
Good Luck
Old 10-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

if it works i'm okay with it. although, i'm not sure it will. that doesn't gross me out in the least. i've helped clean gut shot deermore than once. if one can handle that then they can handle just about anything.
yeah, you'll need a "special" willing woman or you'll need todo some trashdiggin when she's not looking.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the idea close to thirty years ago after seeing signs out west discouraging menstrating women from entering certain areas of parks due to bears being attracted to the pherem. issue. I figured, if bears, why not bucks. Then, about ten years ago I saw a book written by one of the Wenzel brothers who swore by it.I use them pre-cycle now, which I believe more effective { just be ready to duck when you mention it prior to foreplay } and I don't hang them from limbs LOL. Film canisters.