Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH) >

Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH)

Old 10-12-2008, 07:39 PM

Default Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH)

Anyone planning on booking a hunting trip to Ohio. No need to consider this Outfitter (Whitetail-Inn, Kimbolton, OH). The offer high Fence and Fair Chase Hunts.
(1)Booked entire week fair chase hunt -Hunt for (5). Arrive at camp Nine Hunters (WTF?)
(2)Supposed to provide ladder stands. They had two set for 9 hunters (you do the math).
(3)Advertise 94% shot oppotunity on 140"+ Deer - Nine Hunters on standno bucks that would score more than 70" seen.
(4)We (my group of 5) left after 3.5 days with a total deer count of 18 (13 by one hunter the first dayat 200+ yards -0- thereafter)deer being seen and (0) shooters and a total of 3 Buck that would score less than 70".
(5)Guy claims to have 185-200" deer at every stand location. (BS)
(6) Outfitter had not scouted and set up locations to hunt prior to hunters arriving in camp

The weather was in the mid to low 40's in the morning and the highs in the mid to upper 60's. Front moved in on on Wednesday, and still no deer were seen. They blamed the hunt on bad weather (?).

Food was terrible and limited. Lodge smelt like a dog (x2) that was kept inside and allowed to lay on the furniture wet or dry.

****DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY OR TIME ON WHITETAIL-INN, Kimbolton, OHIO
Old 10-13-2008, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH)

sucks you had a bad experience, did they refund your money?
Old 10-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Spike

Hello Bucky: Sent you a personal email. I'm a bit anxious as I'm booked for a Dec. firearms hunt with this guy. I'd like to find out more about this operation. Hope they offered a remedy to you.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

thanks..that sort of hunt never interested me anyway. i wouldnt mind going to a nice ranch one day and doing a
deer/hog hunt...no fences unless they are low for cows
Old 10-14-2008, 02:35 AM
Typical Buck

If I ever want to go to an outfitter, which I will probably never do, I'll never go to that one then.Never had to worry about not having big bucks where I hunt.Sucks you had that happen though.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:37 AM

I requested a refund. They are not willing to refund the money. I am in the process of looking for an attorney to pursue a fraud case against the outfitter.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

Advertise 94% shot oppotunity on 140"+ Deer
Guy claims to have 185-200" deer at every stand location
Surely you didn't think these rediculous claims applied to low fence areas. While I'd be upset as well, I don't see you having any sort of fraud case. Just sounds like a bad hunt, by a poor outfitter. Personally, I would steer clear of any outfitter that offered both low fence and high fence hunts. It's obvious their primary focus would have to be on the high fence hunters, since that's going to be their bread and butter.
If you wanted a sure thing, you should have booked a high fence hunt.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:10 AM

This was a contract hunt. I along with other hunters signed a contract along with the Outfitter. The contract was not honored by the outfitter. Things were offered in the contract that were not provided. I knew he was full of BS on the 185-200" deer and that was included in the post as sarcasm. Hunting in a pen is not an option. "Hunting" is fair chase. Hunting in a pen is like shooting fish in a barrel. I have the 94% statement in writing for a fair chase hunt. I have fair chase hunts where the minimum is 140" and had plenty of Bucks from 140"-185". Two years ago in Kansas on a four day hunt I saw 9 bucks that would score over 150". Yes, I have a case.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

I hope you get your money back bro. The reason you stated above is why I love living in Kansas!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Spike

Bucky: I appreciate you reporting the experiences of your hunt to this board. We hunters need to communicate and share or experiences of hunting trips we take whether good or bad. In todays world of the internet, communication is but a mouse click away. It distresses me you did not get what you bargained to receive. I'm concerned since I am booked to hunt with the same operation Dec. 1 for the firearms opener. I, like you, have a signed contract. My expectations are that I'm provided the promised Ladder stand, placed in area of private land that is known to have game, given proper lodging and food. That's about all thatcan be expected from an outfitter and what he has the ability to control. The rest is up to me and the "luck of the hunt." I'm more than qualified to judge an outfitted operation as I have hunted personally across most the western U.S., Mexico, Alaska, western Canada, and Africa using outfitted services.I also retired from a federal agency in Western Wyoming where I administered the Outfitter/Guide program on federal lands. I reserve my evaluation of this outfitter until after I have personally experienced his operation. I will share my hunt and critique forWhitetail Inn, LLC with this board and the many other hunting organizations I am a member. Hope you get a remedy if you did not get what you were promised.

Quick Reply: Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.