Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Camp Traditions

Old 01-22-2002, 12:34 AM

Default Deer Camp Traditions

What kinds of traditions do you observe at your deer camp? Our camp has a Grill-your-own steak on the first monday evening of season for Monday Night Football and a huge poker game afterward where we invite the neighboring camps over. We also make the person eat the testicles of their first buck. I was told it was a long standing traditon and if I didn't do it we would be forced to make drives forever instead of getting our draw on stands during the drives. I found out later that my buddy and I who shot bucks on the same drive were the first to follow this "tradition" but everone from that point on follows it. We make sure of that.
Old 01-22-2002, 06:01 AM

Default RE: Deer Camp Traditions

deerslayer,We do not have a camp but our group which mainly consists of family, also drive deer.The first one to get a deer gets a bag of dog biscuits,and is told he has to play dog now and we want to hear how loud he can bark.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:52 AM
Spike

Friday before gun season opens, we roast a whole pig. The last Saturday night of gun season, we have a big crawfish boil.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:51 AM

nothing special...we just go up north to hunt deer and don't really party too much...there is a local strip club that we have gone too a few times so i guess that would be a tradition since thats the only time we would ever go to one.
Old 01-22-2002, 06:09 PM

Andy, man that could really make you go into rut.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Say Andy do you need another hunter .LOL
Old 01-23-2002, 10:52 AM

I like the one about the dog biscuits! LOL. We also have a tradition that we try to convince a new member or young hunter to watch out for "Pine Monkeys" They are half squirrel, half monkey and they eat meat and are very viscous. When everone at the camp joins in a lot of the guys believe us. It's almost every year that we get in a good round of Pine Monkey stories.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

pine monkeys, i like that. I was told of something like that when i was 10 and started hunting. it was called a Kobear though. it is half bear and half ten-pointer. sopposebly the only way to keep it away is to kill your first deer.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Andy, what town and what strip club ??? LOL
I know a few of them in Wisconsin !
Old 01-23-2002, 05:07 PM

we sit around and tell stories.

Quick Reply: Deer Camp Traditions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.