Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

western new york deer hunting

Old 09-03-2008, 02:56 PM

Default western new york deer hunting

I am a guide here in new york i charge 375 for a three day deer hunt and the population is like jelly on a sandwich is this a fair price. this is not a add it is a question if you want to hunt here or know more you must not post on this site you must email me direct. With that said when i tried to lease land on this site i had to put up with all kinds of very rude and down right nasty comments from the public but the moderators saw that as ok so at least i should be able to ask a question without being deleted wouldnt you think
[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-04-2008, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: western new york deer hunting

I don't have any idea what you offer, such as how much land you have exclusive rights to, what the bag limits are, is lodging/food included, do you process the deer or at least have facilities to let hunters process what they shoot if they choose to, etc.

All of that aside,you should charge what the market will bear. If you're booked, or at least busy, the price is probably right.

Full-service guided hunts are not my thing. If I were to do one, I'd rather pay for lodging but hunt on my own.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Many of the comments you recieved came from the fact you where attempting to charge outrageous amounts for what you where offering.

You are not coming close to providing enough detail for anyone to have an informed opinion on whether or not what you are ADVERTISING this time is a fair deal or not.

Steve
Old 09-04-2008, 05:44 AM

I got ya. the answer to your questions are yes and we follow the bag limits set by the DEC. They have turned our area into a hunters dream and we all know only a dummy argues with success. I am busy as i want to be. You know what is true I had 17 clients for the 4 week season and 10% of the hunters really did take 90% of the deer. I do not allow anyone out of thier stands for one it is a huge block of woods and they are sure to get lost second the last thing I want them to do is to walk through another mans set up But thanks for your time ands input at least you were not one of those miserable idiots that seem to abound on this site tb
[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Unless you use electric corn feeders, I'd never use you as a guide
Old 09-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's a reason you are treated with disrespect, look at how you go about with your posts:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2941990

My favorite by the way

ORIGINAL: baker farms

to whom it may concern since you all seem to be concerned with my business more than your own. I LEASED IT HAHAHA IT IS GONE HAHAHA AND OH YA I GOT THE MONEY HOHOHOHHAHAHAH But once again thanks for all your encouragement and well wishes. you dummy's i told you it would lease i told you i told you heheheh ehahahahahahah seeee yaaaa
You sir, are quite a funny man. Is there a moderator that could check this out for the HNI awards? I think we could nominate this as the favorite to win, "Most childish thing said by a grown man" You got my vote!!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

I guess if someone wants to pay $375 for three days of hunting, then I guess your good.

As far as the asking price for the 397 acre lease, I lease 330 acres in Western New York for $3150 a year, which is less than $10 per acre, not $45 per acre...that amount, my friend, is very high.

PS. I have been leasing land in Western New York for about 10 years, and this tract was used as it was close in acreage as the one you had listed
Old 09-08-2008, 06:01 PM

you are right that was not my most proud moment but i got sick of all the comments from people who truly do not want to see any one succeed. The man who leased the property was one of the ones who came up with the idea and his partner was the one who wrote it. It was just their way of saying they are also tired of hearing the same crap in regards to their wealth when they are not showasses with it but have been working hard to achive it. The things that were left on the site in regards to the price and terms were no less childish. I run a very successful guide buisness here and it is priced for the working man however by keeping my nose to the grindstone I also lease around 15,000 acres in 7 states and then release them at a profit, a big profit for doing nothing but making a few phone calls and some advertising. I was hoping for a long term partnership on this site but i can't put myself through it. Good luck to the good guys I have met shoot straight and godspeed
[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

I got ya. the answer to your questions are yes and we follow the bag limits set by the DEC. They have turned our area into a hunters dream and we all know only a dummy argues with success. I am busy as i want to be. You know what is true I had 17 clients for the 4 week season and 10% of the hunters really did take 90% of the deer. I do not allow anyone out of thier stands for one it is a huge block of woods and they are sure to get lost second the last thing I want them to do is to walk through another mans set up But thanks for your time ands input at least you were not one of those miserable idiots that seem to abound on this site tb
[align=left] [/align]
Well if you leased to 17 hunters and 10% (or 1.7....let's call it two) of them got 90%t of the deer, Then you could assume that if they hunted in archery season that they could have taken a max of four deer, and if in gun season 6 deer. So lets assume its is right in the middle at 5. So 5 deer taken amounts to a full ninety percent. Let's pretend the remaining ten percent amounts to an entire deer rather than a fractional deer. Thus 6 deer were taken. Considering NY game regulations only 3 of those could have been bucks as there is only one buck per hunter per season type.

So 3 bucks out of 17 hunters. to be totally honest no i would not pay that much!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fastetti

There's a reason you are treated with disrespect, look at how you go about with your posts:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2941990

My favorite by the way

to whom it may concern since you all seem to be concerned with my business more than your own. I LEASED IT HAHAHA IT IS GONE HAHAHA AND OH YA I GOT THE MONEY HOHOHOHHAHAHAH But once again thanks for all your encouragement and well wishes. you dummy's i told you it would lease i told you i told you heheheh ehahahahahahah seeee yaaaa
You sir, are quite a funny man. Is there a moderator that could check this out for the HNI awards? I think we could nominate this as the favorite to win, "Most childish thing said by a grown man" You got my vote!!

thats great

Quick Reply: western new york deer hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.