Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Nikon or Burris? Your opinions >

Nikon or Burris? Your opinions

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nikon or Burris? Your opinions

Old 07-17-2008, 05:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Nikon or Burris? Your opinions

No comparison, NIKON Monarch

I have a couple of Leupolds, one is a VX111 that is the cats azz...
Old 07-17-2008, 10:38 AM

i have all leupold Vari-X II's with the exception of on my 7mm Mag. I have a zeiss conquest on that. check these out. several of them are in your price range. Mine is actually a 4.5 - 14 x 44mm which is a bit more expensive, but just to compare apples to apples, my 44mm Zeiss gathers more light than my dad's 50mm leupold vari-x III. the quality of the glass gathers more light and is a crisper cleaner look. not to mention when we are in camp, that blue "zeiss" logo on the side of it gets my gun a lot of attention! don't be fooled, it's not just a name -those things are the hot setup.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...amp;hasJS=true

Old 07-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I have two 3-9X40 FF-II's and could not be happier with them. One sits on a 338RUM and the other on a .270. Neither of the two have given me any problems what so ever.
I have a Burris FFII on my 270 as well and would buy another, no questions asked.

Spud
Old 07-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fitpays

i have all leupold Vari-X II's with the exception of on my 7mm Mag. I have a zeiss conquest on that. check these out. several of them are in your price range. Mine is actually a 4.5 - 14 x 44mm which is a bit more expensive, but just to compare apples to apples, my 44mm Zeiss gathers more light than my dad's 50mm leupold vari-x III. the quality of the glass gathers more light and is a crisper cleaner look. not to mention when we are in camp, that blue "zeiss" logo on the side of it gets my gun a lot of attention! don't be fooled, it's not just a name -those things are the hot setup.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp;jsessionid=PSIT0SDZOGDQPLAQBBLCCN3MCAEFAI WE?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602006-cat601577&id=0012793711321a&navCount=2&amp ;podId=0012793711321&parentId=cat601577&ma sterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=XJ& amp;rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat60157 7&hasJS=true
Yeah, I'd love to have the Zeiss4-14x44, but I'm not going to throw down $800 on a scope. It's not necessary IMO. They are great scopes for sure, but I can kill a deer with a Burris or Nikon just as easy as I could with a Zeiss. I have a Leupold already on one of my .270's.I want to spend around $350 to $450 for a scope, and I believe the Burris FF 4-14x42and theNikon Monarch 4-16x42 are both good scopes for my price range. I just haven't decided on which one yet. The majority of you have said Nikon. I've looked at both, and to tell you the truth, there is very little difference in the two. Nikon is a popular brand, but Burris is much better than they were years ago. Thanks for all the replies. I am now more confused than I was before.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am wondering what rifle you are going to be putting this scope on? Cause unless it is going on a varmint rifle or paper puncher I gotta ask why you would want that much scope on a big game rifle?

I can tell you this... If something does go wrong with the scope you will have much much less trouble from Burris than you will from Nikon and you will get your scope back much quicker too.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:02 AM

If you are looking for a range of optics, try and compare the prices of Sportsmanguncentre.
I have used them a few times and most of the time thay are quite helpfull and suggestive as to what products are best.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I am wondering what rifle you are going to be putting this scope on? Cause unless it is going on a varmint rifle or paper puncher I gotta ask why you would want that much scope on a big game rifle?

I can tell you this... If something does go wrong with the scope you will have much much less trouble from Burris than you will from Nikon and you will get your scope back much quicker too.
Now thats amazing .... cause I sent a Nikon and a Burris off for warranty work onthe same day, at the same time, and I got the Nikon back first. And out of all the Nikons I own, it was the first Ihave ever had to have worked on, and they kept me posted with e-mails the entire process. I was very pleased. I never heard from Burris, until one day the scope showed back up at the house..... Nikon was much better for me as a consumer.

And as far as why he would put a scope that big on a big game rifle .... why not ??? I have one rifle with a 3-9x40 and everything else goes up to a 5-20 and not a paper puncher in the group..... WHY ??? Because thats what I like and perfer, and other people might likeit that way too ..... If thats what folks like, then there is no needfor any one to question or ridicule ..... You like what you like and others like what they like andthe two don't have to be the same..... it's what makes the world go round...

MET