Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Nikon or Burris? Your opinions >

Nikon or Burris? Your opinions

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nikon or Burris? Your opinions

Old 07-16-2008, 07:30 AM

Default RE: Nikon or Burris? Your opinions

I'm a fan of Nikon scopes, I think they are the leader in the middle range rifle scopes.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:32 AM

I would recommend the Nikon. I have a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x42 SF on my M1A and it's crystal clear. I love that scope. Check out my setup.

The scope is worth the money.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jrod014

I would recommend the Nikon. I have a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x42 SF on my M1A and it's crystal clear. I love that scope. Check out my setup.

The scope is worth the money.
Thats a good looking M1-A.....I am hopingto add one to my collection before the election....
Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 AM

Yeah, The rifle shoots awesome. Our snipers had them in Iraq modded with the EBR.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Used the nikons for awhile, but have become a Burris fan the last few years. Their fullfield with the ballisticplex is a great scope. The multiple aiming point recticle comes in very handy, and works great with a little practice when you know your range. I have made 1 shot kills on deer out to 450 yards when using it.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:55 PM

both are great.. I like burris, cheaper and same quality..imho
Old 07-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Wish i had looked on ebay first,I gave Cabelas an extra $100 for the same scope[8D] and in his aution he has free shipping[8D]
Old 07-16-2008, 06:55 PM

I have been doing business almost exclusively with Jon and Tammie at www.theopticzone.com for a while now. I have found their prices to be among the best. Sure I still shop around, but it has been rare that I find what I am looking for, cheaper. I bought my last two New Nikon Monarch scopes from them, and no one else could get close.

Good Luck,

MET

Old 07-16-2008, 10:46 PM

Nikon is a great scope, but i would try for a leupold.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

I'm in the process of buying a scope for one of my rifles. I don't want to spend over $500.00. I've narrowed my choices to the Nikon Monarch 3-12x42 or 4-16x42or the Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42. Does anyone hunt with either of these? Any opinions on the two? To me, the clarity is just about identical in the two.
I have a monarch 3-9x40 and a 2.5-12x40 (i think) both are leapold level quality scopes IMO. they are great because in the morning when I can't see a tree 5' in front of me (not even a shadow) I look through the scope and I can see. its like broad day light. I actually pull back from the scope to see if its still shooting hours with this thing.
I had a burris on a 30-06, left the caps off the windage&elevation knobs while shooting. allways threw off my cross hairs. never had a problem with the nikons doing that. the burris will stay on when the caps are on oddly enough.

Quick Reply: Nikon or Burris? Your opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.