Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana.......... >

Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

Old 05-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

The game warden confirmed that 4 of the canines that were shot here in southern Indiana were wild wolves. Wolves arent supposed to live down here anymore. He said if we see any, to shoot them. We have a very thick deer population, which means that since there are wolves here now, then they will probably spread pretty fast. I dont know where they came from, but we now have confirmed wolves. They kill a lot of deer too from what I hear. This might be bad.... or not. Who knows.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:06 AM

Default RE: Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

I hope they don't make their way into Ohio[:@][:'(][:@] Is there a link to the story? I'd like to post it on another message board i belong to.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

i knew a guy in ky that had a wolf as a pet he lived out in cal. and got it when it was a few months old

i wonder if some one had a few and released them and they just started mating

said thing to find out where in indiana are you
Old 05-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wolves are bad. Up in Star Lake, WI, wolves took alot of the deer population out. THANK YOU RETARDS FROM THE DNR!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Yup, they've taken a big chunk out of Idaho's elk and deer herds. Shoot them dirty bastards if you see um. Good luck.

Brett
Old 05-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

It takes a game biologist, not a game warden to difinitively make that call. I highly doubt this story. Put it in the category of cougars in Maryland!!

In fact, send us the link to the newspaper article/story. Surely the media was notified. Y,R!
Old 05-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: crokit

It takes a game biologist, not a game warden to difinitively make that call. I highly doubt this story. Put it in the category of cougars in Maryland!!

In fact, send us the link to the newspaper article/story. Surely the media was notified. Y,R!
Yes youre right. If they arent coyotes, or wolves, then theyre most definately monkeys.
No stories have shown up in the newspaper about it, but I'll tell you one thing... It doesnt take a genius to tell the difference between a coyote and a wolf.
Cougar in MD? why not? They're here in Indiana. AND Illinois too. Would you like a link to prove it? Gladly. HERE. =]

http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/index.php?/pso/article/chicago_cougar_likely_wild/
.................................................. ......................................
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The U.S. government took gray wolves living near the Great Lakes off its list of endangered species on Monday and also proposed removing protections for similar wolves near the Rocky Mountains.
The Interior Department last March determined about 4,000 gray wolves lived in Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin, up from between 700 and 1,000 when the animal was classified as endangered more than 30 years ago.

The wolves, who also live in North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, INDIANA and Ohio, have now officially been scratched off the list that identifies animals and plants at risk of extinction.

.................................................. ..................................................

Red wolves, which have been reintroduced to eastern Tennessee and North Carolina, would not be affected by the review, nor would wolves in Alaska, which have never been Federally listed as endangered or threatened.
.................................................. ..................................................

Red wolves in Tennesee, Gray wolves in Indiana... told ya. =p Theyre coming back.
.................................................. .............................................
Old 05-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Gray wolves in Indiana? Personally, I highly doubt it and I was born/raised in Indiana.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Gray wolves in Indiana? Personally, I highly doubt it and I was born/raised in Indiana.
me too. Im 23 and have lived here since forever. lol. But Idk... it says Indiana... Gosh I need to get ahold of the guy who shot the 4 hereand get ahold of one of my biologist friends and see for sure. If there ARE wolves coming around, its an important thing for deer hunters to keep an eye on. Ya know?
Old 05-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

sure they weren't coyotes? hybrids?

read an article which stated the eastern coyote is a wolf/coyote hybrid......

Quick Reply: Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.