Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting in maine

Old 02-20-2008, 06:24 PM

Default hunting in maine

I was wondering If anyone knows the state of the herd, In my homestate
Ive had trailcams up havent seen any sign at all.. wondering if any anyone knows how to get on of those cool huntiong net hats too
Old 02-21-2008, 03:13 AM

Default RE: hunting in maine

I bought a trail cam this winter after the season closedand set it uo over a food plot stoched with parsnips and carrots, Ihave hundreds of vids and stills. Aim your camers at a 45 degree angle to capture a better field of view. keep the food goiming and when you see the area all tracked down, time to man your cam and enjo your pics. Built it and they will come!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: hunting in maine

We have been having some pretty darn good comebacks over the last few years so our herd has been building itself back up. This winter with all the snow and rain I am suppecting we are losing some right now. How bad? I am not sure but, we are also having another problem as the been yarding up near our roads and highways creating a bad combination when spring comes along. One fella was driving along and came around a corner and had 5 deer in front of him. Fortunately he was able to get stopped, but a big truck would of had difficulty trying to stop..