Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anybody Deer Hunt in Maine?

Old 02-01-2003, 04:46 PM

Default Anybody Deer Hunt in Maine?

Anybody else deer hunt in Maine?Have been hunting up here most of my life and wondered if any one else on board hunts here.

woods
Old 02-02-2003, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anybody Deer Hunt in Maine?

yes, I hunt the Maine woods too.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Woodseye...Welcome aboard!! I also hunt Maine and have for many years. I usually spend time near Old Town (LaGrange) but have also hunted in the Lincoln areas. Some very big deer up there, the kind of bruisers that will take your breath away...I guess that's what keeps us going back (from NH and Mass.).

Old 02-02-2003, 03:18 PM

Yep! Jackman area the year before last, and Dixfield area for bear this year and deer next year. Love hunting in Maine.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:57 PM

i live and hunt in maine living in the lakes region area gives me a good chace to get the big one lots of prime deer in this area and realy good spots

hunt on little buddy hunt on!!!
Old 02-04-2003, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

Every year since 85 woodseye. I hunt with friends in Waldo county. They also have a camp near Chamberlain Lake.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt Maine every year. I grew up in Damariscotta and do almost all my hunting on family land in Vassalboro.

I'm living in exile down here in Massachusetts, but in a couple of years when the wife's school loans are paid down we'll be back up there.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

I normally hunt in New York, but my dad recently got remarried and his father-in-law lives and has a hunting camp in maine. I hunted it this year. Got a doe and didn't see any bucks but it is absolutely beautiful up there and I had a great time. I can't wait to get back up there. We were huting in Lee which I think is only about 20 minutes from Lincoln.

Old 02-07-2003, 02:25 PM

have done most of my hunting in the ellsworth area. moved to north carolina 2 yrs ago and will start hunting down here this year.did some hunting in ga last year,you can get 10 does and 2 bucks.small deer but mighty tasty.
Old 02-08-2003, 05:05 PM

Wow! I'm back,lost my password and couldn't get back on! All better now,got my computer remembering it for me.I live in Newport and hunt in Charleston,Bradford,and Dover.Do a lot of game camming up here and also like to deer hunt in Nov and Dec.A lot of Maine hunters on here as I don't hit to many as I travel around the forum boards.Like the heavy weights up here and the large areas where you can hunt without being crowded.What do you bracket your pic url's with to post pics? [img] or [img]? Will post some bucks we got on cam this summer and fall.Thanks for the welcome!

woods

Quick Reply: Anybody Deer Hunt in Maine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.