Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Legal rifle calibers by state

Old 01-15-2008, 07:10 PM

Default RE: Legal rifle calibers by state

you can shoot a big maine woods buck with a 22 mag if you want but i have trouble gettin them with a 30/30 with a double lung shot!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Though I would never do it, alot of deer have been killed with a 22mag!!!, I knew an old man "that is dead now" that is all he ever hunted with and killed a bunch with it!. I asked him , why dont you use a real rifle " when I was a kid", he replied, a 22mag is a real rifle! you just need to know where to aim!, he didnt even have a scope on it, just used the iron sights!. He was by far, one of the best shooters Ive ever seen!.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

specifics for OHIO gun laws.

Gun Season and Youth Deer Gun Season - 10, 12, 16, 20, 28, or .410 gauge shotgun using one ball or one rifled slug per barrel (rifled shotgun barrels are permitted when using shotgun slug ammunition); or muzzleloading rifle .38 caliber or larger; or handgun with 5-in. minimum length barrel, using straight-walled cartridges .357 caliber or larger, or longbow, crossbow (draw weight limitations same as for Archery Season). Shotguns cannot be capable of holding more than three shells
Old 01-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Dominant Buck

I deleted cause of wrong info! Paul is right!!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:21 PM

Rebel, can you point me to or quote me where it states a minimum caliber in the handbook or regulations? Not arguing with you, I just can't seem to find it anywhere.

Paul
Old 01-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Rebel, can you point me to or quote me where it states a minimum caliber in the handbook or regulations? Not arguing with you, I just can't seem to find it anywhere.

Paul
You're right....My bad......... .17cal and all .22's have to be Centerfire cartridges
Old 01-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

How long did it take you to find all that?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:18 PM

I don't know exactly, but a lot longer than I had planned on. It took me two days, but I was doing other stuff and worked 10 hours each day I think. To give you an indication I read every states hunting regs to find the info, and a few in Canada as well. Some were pretty easy and straight forward, others were a pain in the butt to find and were vague at best. That is why I said if someone knows I am wrong about a particular state I would love to know, but would also like to know where they found it so I know where to look.

Paul
Old 11-19-2009, 02:43 AM
Spike

Default Gun Types

Is a mini gun prohibited? lol....
Old 11-19-2009, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ny is about 2/3 CF and 1/3 shotgun/ML/HG only

Quick Reply: Legal rifle calibers by state

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.