Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunting off season on private land? >

Hunting off season on private land?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
14.58%
No
85.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting off season on private land?

Old 01-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting off season on private land?

I satin Viper and watched at least 20 deer on different days come to my cornpile to feed just outside of legal shooting hours. I could easily have put a light on them, used my Parker on them and hung and cleaned them outside of sight from the road. I live a mile into the woods on a dead end dirt road. We don't see police unless us or the neighbors call them. We've NEVER seen DNR or the GW come down here. My feelings were simple, if I shoot one past legal hours or out of season it's just going to give my son the idea that it's okay. What kind of example would I be to my son if I broke the rules simply because I can get away with it?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: crokit

ORIGINAL: GregH

Delete this post.....it's really that stupid.

Amen GregH! I highly doubt the age of the dude also> Sounds like trolling 101, stirring the pot. Mods should get rid of it.
I am 15
Old 01-02-2008, 06:22 PM

i really still dont understand why everyone is getting po'ed about this poll. all i wanted to know is how you feel about this...................now i know
Old 01-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Dominant Buck

The poll is 30 to 1. I guess you have your answer.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Hey everyone. I want to let you know that I went out of my way and had a talk with mossbergman about his post. It was a post I did not care for and I had to let him know personally.

I have read posts on this site mostly from adults. I know we all can post with the wrong presentation which getspeopleboiling. Mossbergman did just that. He does not do that kind of thing and was wondering what others thought but for one did not word it proberly.

He has found out and he is very sorry and wishes he could take it all back. We were all younger once like him and made mistakes and said the wrong things but its a learning curve. Well he has learned alot just right here.

He feels now that everyone will be mad and hate him. I assured him thats not so. A mistake was made and we all can forgive and he has learned a valuable thing in life through this site.

Mossbergman loves to hunt and what has happened to him here will surly make him a better person and hunter down the road.

I forgive him.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

He did say he did not do what he asked about but also said he didn't see it as wrong. So it made some people mad. I hope none of my post were taken as me being mad at him. I am not and was not. It was upsetting to think anyone can think it is ok and that they call it hunting. My posts were meant to help him understand why it is wrong and hopefully keep him from making a choice that could lead to worse things down the road. I understand he is young. So I understand the miswording of his question. I think many of his resposes agrivated the situation as many of them seem to suggest he believes it is OK to poach if you eat the animal. Sure it agrivated me. But I tried to stay respectfull as I think we should. I still believe poaching is poaching and it should be reported.

Am Imad at him? No. Do I hate him?Absolutly not!Just take a little more time to say what you mean. If you meant something other than the things you posted.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunting out of season is poaching. Very simple to understand. You don't have to like it, but you need to appreciate that this is the law.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whatever you do, don't advertise it on a message board.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11

they eat the meat and process themselves!

SO WHAT?!?!? get a grip , dude
Old 01-02-2008, 09:42 PM

hunting out of season no way.

Quick Reply: Hunting off season on private land?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.