Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Different rut cycle in the same area? >

Different rut cycle in the same area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Different rut cycle in the same area?

Old 11-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default Different rut cycle in the same area?

The following is how my frustrating weekend just went. I went up to my lease in south GA hoping to see a few bucks roaming around being that the rut is supposedly going on now, well.....I saw one doe with nothing else in sight [&:]. Mind you, this is the same place where I saw about 20 does one month ago durring muzzleloader season. Now what really drives me nuts is that some friends who have a lease approx 10 miles from mine just killed 6 bucks this weekend and advised that they were running around the woods grunting and thrashing for does. Sure enough, when I saw their hawks they were pitch black, leading me to beleive that they were rutting. Would it be possible that the bucks in my area are not in the rut yet? Where are the bucks? or better yet, where did the does go? To give you an idea of what my lease is made up of, it's 560 acres, about 100 open fields, 300 heavily wooded and 160 small planted pine. We planted clay peas early in the season and they did pretty well. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am going nuts...
Old 11-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Different rut cycle in the same area?

Can anyone offer any advice here? Thanks guys
Old 11-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

I'm sure the bucks are rutting in your area. You need to find out where the does went. It could be food sources have changed. The bucks will follow the does. The bucks will be looking to sequester or "hide" the does so they can have them to themselves while they breed them. There are areas that traditionally breed in. walk that property and see where they are. Then back off for a few hours and sneak back in there.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

That sounds good, I appreciate that. Anyone have anything different?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Nobody has anything different?