Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Ritual after you kill first deer? >

Ritual after you kill first deer?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ritual after you kill first deer?

Old 08-09-2007, 06:55 AM
Banned

Default RE: Ritual after you kill first deer?

Everybody that I know gets "blooded" (smear blood and guts all over their face) after they kill their first deer or first buck.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:10 AM

Didn't realize so many people smear blood. I was with my Dad and we high fived and hugged then it was time to show me how to field dress. No blood smearing though. Later that day went to the same spot to look for the radio I dropped and my Dad filled his tag.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Rebel Hog, I'm with you. Say a prayer and be grateful for the life that was given.

Spud
Old 08-09-2007, 09:12 AM

After my first, I said a little prayer to myself and sat for a few minutes watching and admiring the deer. Then there were high fives and congrats and hugs. My uncle, grandfather, and everyone else I knew made me feel like a champ for a little 81lb button buck. Now after every deer, there's still a prayer and admiring the animal.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

It's a coming of age [rite of passage] thing.Instead of being a dependant you are now considered a contributer to the family's larder.The only people that would say hunting rituals are BS are missing out on the real meaning of taking a life to sustain another as God intended.............respect for the prey and thanking"The Creator"is not BS.......................Harold
Old 08-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Eat the liver, or screw the gut pile, thats the rules for the group i hunt with.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHunterFett

Eat the liver, or screw the gut pile, thats the rules for the group i hunt with.
Must be some group.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

No body actually does it, they just harrass you and tease you about having to do it, shove the liver in your face like they are gonna make you do it, but it is just for fun.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

I bow down and thank god for letting me harvestone of his beautiful creatures.

Die Hard

38 Days!
Old 08-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: okietreedude

ORIGINAL: omarrh

When I shot my first doe a couple of years ago, the guide took blood from the deer as she was dressingit and smeared it all over my face. She said that this was the camp's tradition.
SHE!!!???!!!

I realize that since SHE is the guide its what SHE gets paid for, but I dont think im going to let any SHE dress MY animal. SHEcan dress HER own.
Hey Okie,

I know how you feel; but I'm new at this and that was my first deer. Until I learn how to do it myself I will need to depend on the guides.

Anyhow, I'm not much of a praying person, and this wasn't part of a ritual; but when I killed my first animal (pig) I kind of closed my eyes and apologized for taking it's life. I did the same for the doe. It wasn't that I was sorry for hunting them, it was more of a sign of respect.

Quick Reply: Ritual after you kill first deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.