Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Ritual after you kill first deer? >

Ritual after you kill first deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ritual after you kill first deer?

Old 08-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ritual after you kill first deer?

When my Daughter shot her first Deer last October during the Youth Hunt we high-fived and gave each other a big hug....then I bragged on her to everyone I knew!

I asked her if she wanted to stay and see how to field dress the deer and she said she would rather not so I had her walked back to the house to get Mom to come back with the tractor and a camera!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Spike

When I shot my first doe a couple of years ago, the guide took blood from the deer as she was dressingit and smeared it all over my face. She said that this was the camp's tradition.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:32 PM
bigcountry

Goodness, alot of you guys watch way too much tv.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: omarrh

When I shot my first doe a couple of years ago, the guide took blood from the deer as she was dressingit and smeared it all over my face. She said that this was the camp's tradition.
SHE!!!???!!!

I realize that since SHE is the guide its what SHE gets paid for, but I dont think im going to let any SHE dress MY animal. SHEcan dress HER own.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got alot of Pats on the Back - and my uncles made me feel like my Button Buck was a real trophy. That was 20 years ago - we didn't paint faces with blood or any of that BS.

FH

Old 08-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Dominant Buck

After everyone!

Old 08-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

After everyone!

That's a great picture! It's what I try and do everytime I harvest an animal.... As far as ritual's go, I was 23 when I harvested my first deer and after being in the US Army for 4 years, I wasn't about to let anyone try and put me through some kind of "rite of passage" ritual. I did get high-fives and drank a few beers though. By the way, deer heart is quite tasty pan-fried and scrambled with eggs
Old 08-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

Idon't eat the heart, I save it for my tiger oscar at home. It saves buying beaf heart at the pet store and one heart lasts a long time.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Fork Horn

My families ritual is when you kill your first deer you get to smoke a cigar, kind of a rights of passage
Old 08-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you ever heard of getting your shirt tail cut when you missed a deer? the guys in Georgia would rag me about doing that when I missed.(which was alot) Although I never got it, I saw them do it to each other.

Quick Reply: Ritual after you kill first deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.