Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Public Land
18.06%
Private Land
76.39%
Lease Land
5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Public Or Private Land ?

Old 05-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Default Public Or Private Land ?

Which do you like better ?

Public hunting land ?

Or Private hunting land ?

Or Leased hunting land ?

And why ?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:09 AM

Default RE: Public Or Private Land ?

Private, its nice being in full control of the property you hunt.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:43 AM

i like private better but do like hunting public
Old 05-15-2007, 06:47 AM

I voted private, but hunt lease and public land as well. I gave private the edge, as you can do more, usually, in regards to things such as foot plots and setting up stands and such.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I voted private but have my stand set up on my friends land that has national forrest property about 15 yards to my right. I sit in a corner of his field and shoot the majority of my deer coming off his field to the publicforrest late afternoon.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

even tho i sometimes hunt public land I can't picture somebody preferring it to private or leased

[/align]
Old 05-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was the first vote for public land. I think public land is truly fair chase hunting. No restricted access, it's your skills against the next guys.

Of course I'm thinking of public land out west that is still relatively peaceful and if you are out on the weekday you might not even see another hunter all day.In Texas there are only small patches of public hunting land and there is no way I would hunt it without a flack jacket and armor plated helmet.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

The benefits of private are obvious - you control the amount taken, size (if you want), who, times, food plots, crops, etc., etc., etc.

As I have stated earlier last week in another post, although I have my S. IL land to hunt. I fully intend to be on a small piece of DNR property come opening firearm season.
Why? Because there are a bunchof areas in there where thetrees look like a small dozer has been thru.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

My family has over 300 acers to hunt on and only 4-5 hunters! All I have to do is go out my front door and I'm there...
Old 05-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted public land but I also hunt private land. I bow hunt on private land just because it is close to home and I know the farmers. Older gentlemen that wish the deer would stop eating their veg. gardens so we both benefit from the arrangement (it is in a bow only area). I hunt ML and rifle in a fairly secluded area, Not for the faint of heart to get into so there is little hunting pressure. This public area is also a couple of hours from home so it is nice to get out for a few days without driving back and forth. It is also more of the adventure.

Quick Reply: Public Or Private Land ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.