Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

good bait?

Old 12-10-2006, 03:47 PM

Default good bait?

my newphew is coming in town next weekend and i am going to take him to see some deer. we are not actually going to shoot any, so please refrain from the ethical part of this. all i am trying to do is attract the deer to the stand i will be in, so he can get a good upclose look at them. that is all.

i have not baited before, but figure it to be a good way to bring them in so he wont be too bored hopefully. what are some good things to buy/make to bring them in? any products on the market? homemade things? anything will work. please post all advice.... thank you for your time
Old 12-10-2006, 03:52 PM

Default RE: good bait?

I heard alot of good things about Deer Cane. So I gave it a try over the summer and replenished it just recently, the deer go crazy over it, im sold on cane for life man! Cocaine that is! lol jk!![8D]
Old 12-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just put corn out asap. They will come and it is cheap.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:03 PM

yeah i've heard alot of good things about deer cane...might be worth a try
Old 12-10-2006, 08:10 PM

deer cane does work well, the c'mere deer i didn't think worked well. and corn is always a great attractant.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: axp117crow

deer cane does work well, the c'mere deer i didn't think worked well. and corn is always a great attractant.
Yes please stay away from c'mere deer, its junk, honestly!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Help them find it faster by sprinkeling deer piss all over the area.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

First off check your local and state laws to make sure baiting/feeding is legal in your area. If it is, follow the guidlines for baiting restritcitons. In Wi, we have a 2 gallon limit per 40 acres. Id woudl use a mixture of corn and apples. deer love corn and apples. Maybe try some deer pellets as well.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try some corn, apples, or sugar beats if its legal.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:16 AM

put corn out. they will find it in about a day or less and will return early morning and late afternoon to eat. They will continue to return even when the corn is gone looking for more. Corn provides no nutritional value so you should mix it with some sort of feed so the deer get the calorie and nutritional needs they require for winter.

Quick Reply: good bait?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.