Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

trespasser tree stand

Old 11-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: trespasser tree stand

How about checking for any markings/names like Uncle Matt talked about and if none there call the local conservation, let them know you found it on your private property left behind by someone tresspassing and tell them to donate it to a youth hunting group or something. Now you may have solved your problem and did a good thing. Just an idea.
Brandon
Old 11-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I talked to a local game warden here about the same subjest last season, he told me that if the property was properly marked, then somebody left me a gift. If they tried to say anything about the stand being on my property, and me taking it, he would personally come by, verify the tree the stand was in, was on my property, then site them for tresspassing.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd talk with the game warden and see what he says. He might just tell you to keep the stand. If not, hand it over to him and if the guy comes to get his stand, charge him with tresspassing.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:58 AM

There was a hunting blind on our property last year. My brother found it on opening day of modern gun. He sat down about 10 yrds infront and facing it. Dude shoewd up and couldnt use it cuz my bro was in the way. he moved it and aint been back since
Old 11-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bhensley How about checking for any markings/names like Uncle Matt talked about and if none there call the local conservation, let them know you found it on your private property left behind by someone tresspassing and tell them to donate it to a youth hunting group or something. Now you may have solved your problem and did a good thing. Just an idea. Brandon

That there is one of the best ideas I think I have heard on here. And for that, bhensley earns a big old.......

THATTA' BOY!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

Remove the stand from "your property" . turn ot over to the authotities and leave a note as to where he pick it up . Make sure the authorities are told it was put up by a tresspasser .
Old 11-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: powers11

We went out to our farm which has 200+ acres of heavy woods and we found a metal tree stand in the middle of our forest. The property is complely posted and everyone around us knows we don't allow anyone to hunt it.
We removed the stand and put I no hunting sign on the tree it was hanging on. The stand is know locked in my shed.
Did I do the right thing? Do I have to give it back? Can I file Trespasser charges?

Thanks,

This property has always allowed us to fill our tags with mature bucks.
Three real trophies above the 160 class.
My son is 16 and he has already taken 5 nice bucks including last years monstor that scored 181.
You can see why we don't wont any trespassers

Rob
In NC I know you don't have to give it back. You can file trespassing charges, but they would be hard to prove (even with the evidence you have).

As someone said earlier, you should donate it. I'd be happy to have it.
You can check out my site at www.youthoutside.org
But as I said, I know in NC you don't have to give it back. If found on your land, it's yours. You would have to check with your local law enforcement to see what laws they have in your own state.

Thanks,

Keith
Old 11-12-2006, 06:02 PM

leave a note and a number for the guy to call.

I felt so supid the other day i went and looked at a plat map to find poperty owners to ask i got permission. and when i got permission . i said i already knew where it was. put up some stands and started hunting well little did i know the plat map was way off and i was hunting the wroughproperty. Some body took my stand but i don't know who it was.

Just be careful and assume the best out of the trespassers
Old 11-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Spike

I agree, you had every right to take his stand. What has hunting come to when you cant even trust the fact that your land is STRICTLY YOURS. They had no right to be there and knew it. You just won a free tree stand.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:15 PM

You did the right thing it has ahppened to me. I took it and i now hunt out of all 5.

Quick Reply: trespasser tree stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.