HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   The "new" Old man tree stands (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/159312-new-old-man-tree-stands.html)

Hotburn76 10-12-2006 07:52 AM

The "new" Old man tree stands

Just wanted to pass a heads up to everyone about an incident my friend had.Hebought a new old man tree stand, one since they emerged from bankruptcy and the other problems they have had. Well his first time out with it gets a few feet off ground, like his second push up and the cable breaks. Were it loops around and has the crimp fitting on it the crimp just let go and the cable pulled out leaving him SOL about four feet off the ground. He called the store were he got it and he said they sounded like they were not surprised and would be sending him a new one. Just wanted to make it and FYI so all who have one could give it a good inspection before using. Also has anyone else heard of this on the new old mans?

Cleetus 10-12-2006 10:21 AM

RE: The "new" Old man tree stands

Sorry, but I build my own climbers, that way I know I can trust them.

Rebel Hog 10-12-2006 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Just wanted to pass a heads up to everyone about an incident my friend had.Hebought a new old man tree stand, one since they emerged from bankruptcy and the other problems they have had. Well his first time out with it gets a few feet off ground, like his second push up and the cable breaks. Were it loops around and has the crimp fitting on it the crimp just let go and the cable pulled out leaving him SOL about four feet off the ground. He called the store were he got it and he said they sounded like they were not surprised and would be sending him a new one. Just wanted to make it and FYI so all who have one could give it a good inspection before using. Also has anyone else heard of this on the new old mans?
Ol Man Treestands Recall

Rebel Hog 10-12-2006 10:52 AM

And for those who have the New Tree Lounges,

CESSO, LLC Recall of Tree Stand Components

Rebel Hog 10-12-2006 10:55 AM

And for those who own Summit Tree Stands,

Product Recall Information

Rebel Hog 10-12-2006 11:03 AM

Some API tree stands,

API Outdoors Treestand and Treeseat Recall

Rebel Hog 10-12-2006 11:05 AM

Ameristep,

Ameristep, Outfitter Tree Hunting Stands Recalled

Rebel Hog 10-12-2006 11:08 AM

ABC7Chicago.com: CPSC, Hunter's View Announce Recall of Safety

buckhunter14 10-12-2006 01:35 PM

It's a scary thing....

timbercruiser 10-12-2006 02:06 PM

I've never understood the desire of a Old Man stand. I used one of my friends stand a few years ago and it was the most uncomfortable stand I have ever sat in, I'll never use another one.