Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Deer cart/hauler.  Any thoughts? >

Deer cart/hauler. Any thoughts?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer cart/hauler. Any thoughts?

Old 11-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Spike

Default Deer cart/hauler. Any thoughts?

Anybody have one or built one? Are they worth having? I am considering buying/making one. I would like to here from you. Any picture to post?

thanks,

Dayton
Old 11-05-2002, 09:09 PM

Default RE: Deer cart/hauler. Any thoughts?

do you want a cart that you can take into the woods and strap your deer on or one you can hook to your vehicle?

fellow hunter

Edited by - 270man on 11/05/2002 22:10:11
Old 11-05-2002, 10:04 PM

I have a yard cart that was originally intended to be pulled around by a lawn tractor. i put some 1" spindles on it and boat trailer hubs and some little lawn tires on it. i welded a new axle and added a 2" ball hitch. and can pull it with my four wheeler . it will follow as fast i want to go. i did weld it solid so i have no rattle.
i am going to build another scratch built one in the future.

SOUTH ARKANSAS REBEL
Old 11-05-2002, 10:06 PM

Oh yeah it has been well worth it's cost and labor i put into it. i have had people that have seen it in action and wnat me to build them one . to much work for what they would pay.
best thing a 4 wheeler could have!!!

SOUTH ARKANSAS REBEL
Old 11-06-2002, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one that I made out of square tubing and bicycle wheels 20in and webbing for outdoor seats I got the metel when I was still working from some they had bent and threw away. I dont have any pics but I will say this it works perfect I have used it for 3 years now and have brought out several deer with it. I am disabled and cannot drag a deer anymore and that thing has been a life saver literly. They do sell them at Eders and it looks like a nice one to me it is worth the money but again I say being unable to drag one makes a lot of difference.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:30 AM

I've been using an old golf bag cart quite successfully. I bought mine for $10 at a used sporting goods store. A couple of tie down straps is all it takes to secure the deer to the cart. It's nice because it folds up very very compact. Not a perfect solution but has definitely saved me some backache!

Honestly, the cart could use some simple mods to make it perfect...
* It needs another crossbar in the middle of the rail. The one at the top and bottom is not enough. The deer doesn't sit squarely enough without a middle crossbar and sometimes slips down onto one of the wheels.
* a cable running between the wheels (like an axil) would add some strength.
* Even though I've had no problems so far, larger wheels might be beneficial for rolling over some sticks, logs, etc.

-Mike

Old 11-06-2002, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

I made my own out of one of those infant jog behind carts. It's one of those carts with 3 wheels that people use to put a small child in then jog/run behind it. A friend of mine did not need it anymore so I easily modified it to haul deer. It works better than any store bought deer cart. I took the front wheel off of it and switched some of the bracing around. It has two bicycle tires on each side then I cut some safety belt straps, put a hole in each end then bolted them to the frame.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

Find an old wheel barrow and remove the tub. Add a few cross braces and 2 eye bolts to attach a bungee cord.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:22 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]