Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Doe in Heat Attractant information >

Doe in Heat Attractant information

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Doe in Heat Attractant information

Old 10-31-2002, 10:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Doe in Heat Attractant information

I called a representative of one of the doe in heat attractant companies with a question I have had and that is how do they know they are collecting urine from does in heat. He said they have a lot of does at their collections centers and they will take part of them at a time and injet them with hormones that bring the does into heat. From testing they know how many hours it will take to achieve this after giving the shots. Then they know how many hours they can collect in heat urine from individual does. They can only do this a certain number of times per year and they rotate the does.

Old 10-31-2002, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Doe in Heat Attractant information

Funny you mention that Timbercruiser. I was talking to a guy at Fleetfarm the other day who actually worked for a deer farm here in MN. He said the exact same thing you mentioned above. I asked him what are the good brands and he said it depends sometimes what they are injecting the deer with and the particular doe they take the sample from. Some doe have stronger scent. Its all pretty much the same he said, but he said the fresher, the better was his opinion. Some of my friends like the Gold Estrus. All who have used it have had deer around their stand.

Starrman

Ron Starr